Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for RV companion?

RamHax
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. I'm new and this is my first post.

I'm seriously thinking about getting an RV in a couple years when I'm financially set. In the mean time, I was wondering if there is a forum or place on the web with classifieds for people looking for temporary RV companions to share expenses? I'm looking at this coming summer to do this. I would rather travel with someone rather than rent, as I think I could learn more.

Please someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Rami
12 REPLIES 12

RamHax
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Naio,

Maybe. Are you being serious? When are you going?

--------------
Time to take this to pms (private messages) if you are going to discuss details with Najo, or anyone else for that fact. Thanks. (Mod)

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
You can come with me, but you have to sleep in a tent :). Want to go to Yellowstone this summer?
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

puttd
Explorer
Explorer
Rvs are pretty close quarters even if you know the person.

Rving, or camping, can be done on all kinds of budgets. You can get a popup for not very much money at all, assuming you have a vehicle that will pull one. If you get a pop up small enough, most cars can handle the task. No need to wait years to be financially set.

If you can;t afford that, you can enjoy a lot with a tent and a foam mattress.

The important part is to go and have fun.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam and FMCA have singles chapters. They travel together in separate RV's. They always seem to be having lots of fun. Information on their websites.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

RamHax
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Andy for that advice. What is the name of the forum you are talking about?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
K Charles wrote:
You can have my X for free if you can just take over the payments.

It's not often that I actually LOL just sitting here with no one around - but that did it! :B

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
RV'ing ain't rocket science. Peruse the forums (all of them). Go talk to dealers, read a book or two. Go to some campgrounds and "walk and talk" as most RV'ers love to chat about their RV's. Give it a go.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

AndyW
Explorer
Explorer
I think it's extremely unlikely anyone is going to offer to let you stay in their RV without having met you.

So...find a local rally or meetup (there is a forum for that!), rent something for the weekend, and show up and meet people! Might get lucky and find someone willing to let you travel with them, and at the very least will begin learning about RVs on a unit you don't own with people around to help out and offer advice.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
How to post pictures. It's almost like riding a bicycle,....kinda...:B
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
If you google RV singles, there are a lot of RV clubs/organizations for single RVers. You might go to one of those forums and post your question. There may well be other singles who would jump at the chance for some companionship on the road.

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
I joined RV.net and read it daily for a year, before buying a rv.
I learned about a lot of stuff!
There is also, YouTube. You can play stuff over and over.
Can't help with traveling with someone.
You can always ask questions on RV.net.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
You can have my X for free if you can just take over the payments.