cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Magic chef oven

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
Lit the pilot on the oven and turned up to 350 and it never got hot. What is not working this time? Can this be fixed or do I need to replace the stove and oven?
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK
10 REPLIES 10

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
I used a little sand paper and just cleaned off the dark color very lightly
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rhigley wrote:
cleaned the pilot sensor and it works like a charm . Thanks to all

Thanks for letting us know you solved the problem.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Rhigley wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚

Glad to hear!

X2

Do you mean the thermocouple?

What did you do/use to clean it?
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rhigley wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚

Glad to hear!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if this helps.

Online Magic Chef repair guide
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might try one of these. They are probably all very similar.
From Chris Bryant of Bryant RV Services who is a long time active member of these forums.

Atwood range pdf

Later Atwood range service manual

Hope this helps.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
fcooper wrote:
I could not find a manual for your unit. The following is from an Atwood rv range manual.

Safety Pilot Valve - controls the gas flow to the oven burner. The valve is operated by a thermal bulb located
over the heater pilot. When this bulb is heated, it opens the safety pilot valve which then supplies gas to the oven burner.

Generally, there will be a thermocouple (looks like a wire) where it will be heated by the pilot flame. On some units the pilot flame increases when the thermostat is increased. Check to see if the thermocouple is placed where it will receive heat from the increased pilot flame.

Check for soot build up on the thermocouple. The soot build up acts as insulation and keeps the heat down on the thermocouple. I had this problem on a natural gas furnace, and cured it with a wipe with a paper towel.

Fred

Yes, on my oven you light the pilot and it is a very, very, small flame. After you turn up the oven temp the flame gets bigger and blows on the thermocouple. Once the thermocouple gets hot the oven then lights up.

I think it's a Magic Chef oven too if I'm not mistaken. But, it was made in 1993.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I could not find a manual for your unit. The following is from an Atwood rv range manual.

Safety Pilot Valve - controls the gas flow to the oven burner. The valve is operated by a thermal bulb located
over the heater pilot. When this bulb is heated, it opens the safety pilot valve which then supplies gas to the oven burner.

Generally, there will be a thermocouple (looks like a wire) where it will be heated by the pilot flame. On some units the pilot flame increases when the thermostat is increased. Check to see if the thermocouple is placed where it will receive heat from the increased pilot flame.

Check for soot build up on the thermocouple. The soot build up acts as insulation and keeps the heat down on the thermocouple. I had this problem on a natural gas furnace, and cured it with a wipe with a paper towel.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I put in a google search for Magic Chef RV oven and came up with lots of information. Maybe have a look there and see if you can isolate your problem a bit.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel