cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Most expensive camp chair!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
A friend sent this link for a ridiculously over priced folding camp chair from the same folks that brought you over priced coolers YETI

$300 folding camp chair

Maybe worth this price if the frame were carbon fiber and the mesh graphene?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
48 REPLIES 48

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Most of my family's camping is boondocking in the Mojave desert in the wintertime and it gets pretty chilly out there. Years ago we switched to Camping World's bulky Club Chairs and I'll never buy a different chair until I'm convinced of a revolutionary advance in chair technology. These things are comfortable and warm.

They only last about three years, but the "protection plan" that they upsell you on is good for two or three replacements (I forget).

I was with some folks this winter in Arizona that had them, they did look comfortable .

I do use my 20 oz YETI mug for my coffee every day and swear by it.. I NORMALLY do get what you pay for, BUT . . . .

I am NOT in that $300 chair club.. I may splurge and spend $75 if DW really likes a chair.... but $300?? :h

Heck, we wait and buy our beach chairs from Costco as they are being sold off for the year at discount
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

dedmiston
Most of my family's camping is boondocking in the Mojave desert in the wintertime and it gets pretty chilly out there. Years ago we switched to Camping World's bulky Club Chairs and I'll never buy a different chair until I'm convinced of a revolutionary advance in chair technology. These things are comfortable and warm.

They only last about three years, but the "protection plan" that they upsell you on is good for two or three replacements (I forget).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
PA12DRVR wrote:
I've got a Yeti cooler that is XX years old and still keeps stuff cold very well (it is in Alaska though..). Same thing with a Yeti hot cup. ...and those are worth the 20? 40? percent premium to me.

However, even though with my build I have to get the super heavy duty camp chairs, paying 200 - 300% for a Yeti branded product over a store brand isn't in the cards.

I still don't understand how the Yeti insulated cup knows to keep hot things hot and cold things cold. exactly, How does it know?
bumpy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
Owner of multiple YETI coolers, multiple YETI cups and a few other brands of similarly constructed coolers. I a.ways chuckle when people say they arenโ€™t worth the money and that the product is over-hyped. The brand is irrelevant to me, but the quality of the product speaks for itself.

Brand equals status, confidence, spirit of accomplishment, pride, etc. It sometimes also equals a statement of quality. Everyone on this board is guilty of it to some extent. Raise your hand if you have never ever, EVER paid more for something just because it was a certain brand...perhaps even because you expected it to be better based on the name. Maybe you paid $5K or $10K more to get that truck with the certain trim package that made you โ€œfeel betterโ€. Maybe you buy your shoes from a department store instead of WalMart. Maybe you like Charmin UltraSoft instead of the commercial quality stuff you can get for a fraction of the price...which does the same job. But maybe you just havenโ€™t YET decided to spend a little more on a camping chair.

My hand is raised.
bumpy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
souraider wrote:
After you buy the chair...maybe you could buy a couple pair of these.

100 year pants

the incredible part is that I bet some people actually buy these.
bumpy

souraider
Explorer
Explorer
After you buy the chair...maybe you could buy a couple pair of these.

100 year pants
'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to sit in one to see how comfortable it is. I have a Yeti travel mug, and it is the best travel mug I've owned so far (keeps coffee hot for hours in the winter).

I used to make fun of any camp chair that cost over $19.99 - thinking any more was a waste of money. Until I sat in a "higher end" chair (~$50) and thought "holy mackerel, I didn't know folding camp chairs can be comfortable!".

I don't see myself spending that kind of money on a camp chair, but I would like to see (sit) one in person.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
Owner of multiple YETI coolers, multiple YETI cups and a few other brands of similarly constructed coolers. I a.ways chuckle when people say they arenโ€™t worth the money and that the product is over-hyped. The brand is irrelevant to me, but the quality of the product speaks for itself.

Brand equals status, confidence, spirit of accomplishment, pride, etc. It sometimes also equals a statement of quality. Everyone on this board is guilty of it to some extent. Raise your hand if you have never ever, EVER paid more for something just because it was a certain brand...perhaps even because you expected it to be better based on the name. Maybe you paid $5K or $10K more to get that truck with the certain trim package that made you โ€œfeel betterโ€. Maybe you buy your shoes from a department store instead of WalMart. Maybe you like Charmin UltraSoft instead of the commercial quality stuff you can get for a fraction of the price...which does the same job. But maybe you just havenโ€™t YET decided to spend a little more on a camping chair.

Yup, but it still absolutely baffles me when I watch The Price Is Right and see a few purses (basically a couple pieces of leather sewn together and emblazoned with some 'designer's' name) end up costing the same or more than a very technologically-advanced motorcycle!! Really?? Craziness!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I still have a couple of my $10 chairs, I've had them for going on 15 years. I can buy a lot of chairs for $300!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer

Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a Yeti cooler that is XX years old and still keeps stuff cold very well (it is in Alaska though..). Same thing with a Yeti hot cup. ...and those are worth the 20? 40? percent premium to me.

However, even though with my build I have to get the super heavy duty camp chairs, paying 200 - 300% for a Yeti branded product over a store brand isn't in the cards.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Only if it is cooled and heated fine Corinthian leather, gold and silver trim, has a heated and cooled beverage holder/dispenser and Playboy Playmate sits in my lap and gives me a manicure etc every day.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
We are big Yeti fans... we have coolers, cups, water jugs, even the dog bowl. We mostly use Cabela's points from our credit card to buy them. And $300 for a camping chair is stupid. My favorite chair cost $50 and has hydraulic rockers on it.

Same here , bought a couple of those fold up rockers, caught them on sale for around $40 at Camping World . They fold up nice, and have a handy carry handle.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I used 2 of these for 12 years. They now occupy our pool patio.Chair