cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NC / SC beaches

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are literally millions of RVers camping at this moment on SC, and NC beaches. There was a shark attack near the Rodanth KOA today around 4 PM. There was a shark attack yesterday near Avon NC. In fact in the past week there have been 5 (FIVE - V) shark attacks on the NC, and SC coast. In knee deep water, saw a pic of one yesterday in a tidal pool with sand on both sides of it.

I know the water looks great, It is cool, and fun to ride the waves. But for some reason this year. You are NOT alone. Use some common sense. Do not feed the fish. Stay out of the water.

WHY is it happening this year? Don't have a clue. It just is. Stay out of their way.

Me? They gonna have to learn to walk to get me. Toe deep is all I'm getting. I won't even wade thru the swash between PirateLand, and Lakewood
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers
34 REPLIES 34

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
wbwood wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
love2rvcamp wrote:
Going to Willow Tree (North Myrtle) and going to stay on their spring feed lake with the man made white sandy beach and watch the kiddos playing on the inflatables. No sharks there. ๐Ÿ˜„

Are there alligators there? ๐Ÿ™‚

Wouldn't doubt it. They are every where along the coast of SC, and Southern NC.

Yep a good bit of alligators. I heard someone mentioned even seeing them on the beach in MB before.

I have picture of one surfing at Oak Island. They are all along the roads thru the marshes to the beach.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer

Posted: 07/03/15 12:06pm Link | Quote | Print | Notify Moderator
Terryallan wrote:

2gypsies wrote:

love2rvcamp wrote:

Going to Willow Tree (North Myrtle) and going to stay on their spring feed lake with the man made white sandy beach and watch the kiddos playing on the inflatables. No sharks there.

Are there alligators there?

Yep a good bit of alligators. I heard someone mentioned even seeing them on the beach in MB before.

There has not been any alligators at Willow Tree.
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
love2rvcamp wrote:
Going to Willow Tree (North Myrtle) and going to stay on their spring feed lake with the man made white sandy beach and watch the kiddos playing on the inflatables. No sharks there. ๐Ÿ˜„

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:

Are there alligators there?

No there are no alligators in the lake. It is a 30 acre spring feed lake and beautiful.

These pictures were from last year.

2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
2gypsies wrote:
love2rvcamp wrote:

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
love2rvcamp wrote:

Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some one mentioned that there are more sea turtles than normal. Sharks do eat sea turtles. So maybe their food source has drawn them in.
Sea Turtles are protected, and have made a big come back. Hmmm!

However. the attack yesterday makes you think otherwise. That shark repeatedly attacked the man. It did not bite, find it wasn't his food. But became determined to eat him. It was NOT a mistake.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I read that because of the drought that there is not the same amount of fresh water going into the ocean. The slat levels are higher attracting them. They also said that due to the warmer water, they are up further north earlier than normally. They say in the Carolina's that there are about 6 bites a year, but this year, we are already up to 10.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Terryallan wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
Another one today

I just saw that.... What a shame , I really wonder what is causing it this year??

Thing is. they have always been there. I have seen them from the piers, seen them swimming up and down the beach, and have seen them in the inter coastal waterway. But for some reason they are biting this year.

I agree... Been seeing them as long as I have been visiting.. But something is different this year...?? My thoughts are that its the same one... Hard to believe there are more than 1 chomping on us....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
Another one today

I just saw that.... What a shame , I really wonder what is causing it this year??

Thing is. they have always been there. I have seen them from the piers, seen them swimming up and down the beach, and have seen them in the inter coastal waterway. But for some reason they are biting this year.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving ocean lakes today...did not get in the water. Going to MBSP and probably won't again.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Going to Hilton Head in a couple weeks...Only water we are getting in will be the pool. Hopefully there are no pool sharks there....lol
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
We just came back from MBTP last Sunday, there for two weeks. One of the first days there a group of dolphins strolled down the beach about 100ft off shore. They created complete pandemonium, it was pretty funny I must say, like a scene from the movie Jaws. You could tell the shark attacks were on everyone's mind.
Yes, I rolled the dice and went well out over my head daily.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion