cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

need help with flush ball on sealand 110 toliet

TCI
Explorer
Explorer
Our toliet doesn't hold water and after cleaning and troubleshooting, we are replacing the teflon and rubber seal kit part# 311462. Now, the flush ball should also be replaced part# 310954. We can't figure out how to remove the old flush ball without taking off the entire toliet base which we dont' want to do. We have replaced the flange and if we take the toliet off the flange will break again and it's nearly impossible to get it back on. I have googled for instuctions but can't find any that really give good information. Just remove the seal and then the flush ball and replace it. So were frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As always, thanks for the help.
2015 31ft Keystone Montana Fifth Wheel w/3 slides
2015 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500 Short Bed Diesel Crew Cab
1 Cat
Fulltiming since Oct 06 - Sold the Stick House
8 REPLIES 8

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer

Where do you get this tongue drpressor thing?

Our toilet owner manual mentions using their seal cleaning tool but RV didn't come with it, dealer we bought from never heard of it, neither did the several other dealers we've been to for other stuff, nor Camping World, nor Amazon.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Fill it about 1/2 full with vinegar let set over night. That solves the problem about 75% of the time.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
TCI wrote:
Our toliet doesn't hold water and after cleaning and troubleshooting, we are replacing the teflon and rubber seal kit part# 311462. Now, the flush ball should also be replaced part# 310954. We can't figure out how to remove the old flush ball without taking off the entire toliet base which we dont' want to do.

Short story, Had to do it on my same model toilet.

And yes you have to remove the entire toilet.
Some good news

You do not have to disconnect the water lines from the valve

You remove the part that sends the water into the toilet (This includes a vacuum breaker which is under the "HAT" like piece of plastic at the rear) and remove 2 (As I recall) screws and the valve comes off intact,,, (You can also remove the flush lever and you do have to remove the lever cover first)

Then 4 bolts to remove teh toilet and turn it upside down (Outside)

or loosen the band lift off the bowel and 4 bolts to remove the pedistal.. The job has to be done from "Below" Gloves suggested

From this point.

you remove a screw in teh ball

you remove anotehr screw in the spring assembly

you remove the spring assembly

Tap the shaft into the toilet and remove it

Remove the ball

Re-assembly is the reverse

IF you have an orignial plastic shaft the new ball should come with a brass one USE IT.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
I read on another post that someone's toilet was not holding water and they put plumber's grease on it and it fixed it.

I did the same and now mine is fixed and holding water:)

I put a liberal amount of grease on the seal, let it set a couple days with no water in it. Went on a camping trip, it leaked a little, so I took off excess grease. After a couple days of using the toilet the seal is working fine.

Try this before you take the whole toilet apart.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Good post. Ours is not holding water, used the tongue depressor thing to clean it but still doesn't hold water.

We need the same fix.

jetcare
Explorer
Explorer
You have to pull the base from the floor flange to change the ball.
I highly recommend you get the ball, shaft, spring kit for completing the job.
2016 F-250 Crewcab 6.2L 4x4
2012 Palomino Sabre 32' Travel Trailer

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
I have the exact same model toilet & the ball quit working but luckily it was stuck in the opened position. Since we were taking 2 planned trips with only 2 days between them -- we just used the toilet anyway.

When we got home & I could finally take the toilet apart, I loosened the silver band holding the top on the bottom. I used the ball-cleaning tool (AKA "tongue depressor") and an old toothbrush on the ball, & scrubbed off the 2 seals. Then I applied a good amount of Vaseline to the seals and surfaces of the ball & reassembled the toilet.

Voilรก! The toilet worked again. Except...... It still won't hold water. Not a problem with doing #1; a problem with doing #2. So my son came up with the idea to lay a couple of strips of TP in the bowl before using & everything flushes down just fine! Maybe even better than before since there's no "skid marks" in the bowl even!

Just sayin' that the lack of water in the bowl hasn't affected our use any. And I don't notice any odor coming up either, since the ball pretty much covers the opening.
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can separate bowl from base by loosening/removing bowl/base clamp.

You will need to disconnect supply hose from water valve OR vacuum breaker so bowl assembly can be lifted up and moved out of the way.

Exploded view of toilet..........LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31