cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newer campers only??

Bluhorn
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of getting into a seasonal campground in New Jersey. I am well aware of the 10 year old rule. Two campgrounds have shortened up that guideline considerably. One stipulates that your rig cannot be older than 5 years old and the other limits to 3 years old or newer! I understand your campground, your rules but geez? Anybody hear of this before?
1993 Dodge D 250 Cummins Club Cab
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
2022 Palomin9 Solaire 242RB
Chance The Senior Husky
27 REPLIES 27

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
When you are going seasonal, the newer the trailer allowed is, the longer things look nicer. Once you are seasonal then the trailer can be over 10 years. The place we were at just said no trailer over 10 years could be resold within the park but the original owner could keeps trailer for as long as they wanted.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We have had several motorhomes over 10 years old and have never even been questioned about the age, but my Rvs are always clean and well maintained. I don't even worry about it. If I would hit a place that did not want me strictly on the age of my RV I would just move on to the next one. lol
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
A good share of CGs have the 10 year rule.It is to protect them from having to accept units like those pictured above.Most CGs do no tenforce even publish the rule,untill they feel the need to.
The park we are in for the winter has the rule but only enforces it when needed.
As far as "resort" parks go,we don't skip over them just because they call themselves "resort".It seems like many park owners believe that having a pool qualifies as a resort. NOT!
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
rockhillmanor wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
Their campground their rules. If they have enough cliental to support there business model why should they change?
I don't have to stay there.

You most likely already have stayed at many CG's that had that rule and didn't even know it..........
apparently you have a very nice rig which is why they didn't pull out the rule for you!! :W:B
My point was people have a choice as well as the campground. I do beleive in pride of ownership rule.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Their campground their rules. If they have enough cliental to support there business model why should they change?
I don't have to stay there.

You most likely already have stayed at many CG's that had that rule and didn't even know it..........
apparently you have a very nice rig which is why they didn't pull out the rule for you!! :W:B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
rockhillmanor wrote:
The one and only CG I stayed at in my 6 years of travel that did not have any 10 day or condition rule, was one that I was forced to pull into to due to a breakdown.

Were the owners of this rig the Bumphus family that lived next to Ralphie Parker in the movie The Christmas Story, and the Sequel My Summer Story?

Or maybe Randy Quaid in Christmas Vacation?

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rockhillmanor, and that is a good reason for a 10 year or any other disgresionary rule.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Their campground their rules. If they have enough cliental to support there business model why should they change? I don't have to stay there.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I full time and the ten year rule is at almost all CG's for them to use "at their desegregation". As long as your RV is CLEAN and Maintained most will always allow you in.

I for one do not mind this rule.

The one and only CG I stayed at in my 6 years of travel that did not have any 10 day or condition rule, was one that I was forced to pull into to due to a breakdown.

....and NO I did not enjoy my stay looking at this parked next to me. ๐Ÿ˜ž

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
HawkTX wrote:
That's crazy. I've never heard of that rule.

Since the O.P hasn't actually posted the names of the campgrounds supposedly going by that "rule"- we haven't either.

Nice early "April Fool" joke, O.P.! :B
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

HawkTX
Explorer
Explorer
That's crazy. I've never heard of that rule.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Wagonqueen Truckster wrote:
Guess I usually stay in state campgrounds.

+1
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would not sweat the age rule unless I was driving a rolling junkyard. Seen some very nice very old rigs out there. Seen others that I would not want to be near. Their rigs are just as bad.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
It sounds like your RV is 4 1/2 years old ๐Ÿ˜‰
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!