cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No #2 Rule?

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
So I get an email from a camping buddy this morning who was telling me about his friend who invited him on a guy's weekend in his Class A to attend an event. So my buddy decided to go, and when they arrived at the event, camping site were set up in an adjacent in a field, but they had full hook ups. (My buddy has a huge Class A DP, but figured it would be fun to let somebody else drive for a change.)

The RV owner announces to the group that there will be no #2 in the RV toilet, only #1. Anybody needing to do #2 was to use the porta-pottis that were set up. Apparently this was not just because it was a "guy's weekend", but the guy has owned several RV's, and has always adhered to a "no #2 rule" for the family. His explanation was that it "caused problems dumping the tanks".

Personally one of the reasons I own an RV is to avoid having to use a port-potti for anything, let alone #2.

So the question for the forum is, does anybody else have similar rules on the RV bathrooms regarding the toilet, shower or anything else?
82 REPLIES 82

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
I think this thread is starting to get "stinky". :R
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Why would you invite someone to share your RV and then tell them they are not worthy of using your toilet?

There may be something to the old adage that every RV, regardless of size, is best with no more than 6 for cocktails, 4 for dinner & 2 for overnight; but if you invite people along, I can't see treating them as unworthy of "toilet privileges".
2013 RT 190-Popular

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Just delete,

intheburbs
Explorer
Explorer
musicman54 wrote:
some people can realy stink up a small bathroom so it can be a good rule

That's why matches are kept in the bathroom.
2008 Suburban 2500 3LT 3.73 4X4 "The Beast"
2013 Springdale 303BHS, 8620 lbs
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali (backup TV, hot rod)
2016 Jeep JKU Sahara in Tank, 3.23 (hers)
2010 Jeep JKU Sahara in Mango Tango PC, 3.73 (his)

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Our only rules are "Have fun" we are camping, you WILL get dirty, you likely will get wet, you will smell of smoke from the fire you can cook over the campfire, wear grubby clothes, no need to look at a the clock or calendar, you don't need to shave every day, or take a shower every day. Food is more likely to come in tin foil from the fire than from a frying pan.

And yes, the shower and toilet work, they are NOT decorations!

If this bothers you, your likely NOT a camper and likely won't have fun with us.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
If we do it in the house, we do it in the RV. Something's are more fun in the RV ๐Ÿ™‚ Both have same rule No Smoking. We don't smoke, so really, it is not a rule for us.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
some people can realy stink up a small bathroom so it can be a good rule

camperfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Bombs away...
2011 Cougar 322QBS
2007 Pilgrim 278BHSS (Sold)
2023 F359 CCLB 7.3
2013 F350 CC LB 6.7 (Retired)
2002 F350 CC LB PS (Retired)
B&W Companion Hitch

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
In our TT. #2 emergency only. and only if we have full hookups. CG bathroom is where you go.
Dry camping, we do not use the bathroom in the TT at all. I do NOT go to dump stations.
No cooking in the TT, No sitting in the TT unless it is raining to hard to be under the awning. If I was to just sit in the TT. I'd just stay home. The TT is for sleeping, and changing clothes, and hauling our camping stuff to the CG.

Y'all can use yours any way you want. That is how I chose to use mine.

may as well sell the trailer and get a tent.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone has the right to make their own rules. Even if their rules do not seem logical. Me. My only rule is "nothing but toilet paper down the toilet."
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
pnichols wrote:
I didn't spend big RV bucks for an RV to be lived in as if we were tenting.

As far as rules are concerned ... rules that are nonsense, or made from a lack of the right sense, aren't rules at all. They're something else and it's sad for others to be subjected to them regardless of any right anyone had to make them.

Amen you hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned!!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I didn't spend big RV bucks for an RV to be lived in as if we were tenting.

As far as rules are concerned ... rules that are nonsense, or made from a lack of the right sense, aren't rules at all. They're something else and it's sad for others to be subjected to them regardless of any right anyone had to make them.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

fly-swatter
Explorer
Explorer
We use ours for both jobs however I will use the campground facility if it's handy. Never had any troubles dumping either.
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2012 Flagstaff 8524RLS

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
My signature wasn't dry on the camper's contract before I got to try it out for a #2.
Oh, Man. That's the way to live. Shoulda bought a camper years ago.
Wipe your feet before you go in, please. That's about the only rule (and no cigarettes).
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack