cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Novel use of an old RV

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this video on a woodworking forum that I'm on, and thought that fellow RV'ers might enjoy seeing a great use of an old RV. Enjoy!
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
10 REPLIES 10

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kinda' neat and creative thinking! Small projects only though.

If I were to consider something like this I would most likely look for a defunct toy hauler... the business end of the garage side would allow for larger projects to get in and out.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
During the years I was living in Nenana Alaska, I bought one of the 10 x 50 foot ATCO trailers (Alberta Trailer Company) which had been brought to Alaska for the construction of the Alaska Pipeline. They imported thousands of those trailers into the state from Canada. Ranged in use from bunk houses, comfort stations, offices, etc. The one I got had been an office so no bathroom in it. It had 2 x 6 walls, well insulated and I added surface wiring for all my tools.
One of the best shop building I have ever owned, especially since I think I paid about $2,500 delivered from the Fairbanks area and set up on blocks for me.
I installed a couple of wood burning stoves in it and spent many an hour in it butchering wood. LOL
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
He'll be lucky to not break his neck on those steps

X2, if I had a shop like that the first thing I would build would be a decent set of steps.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
My favorite recent repurpose sighting was a vintage Airstream placed inside of a restaurant to serve as a private dining room. This shop TT can be #2 on the list. Good use for a TT with some life left in it.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's definitely an interesting way to repurpose an old RV. And it can be moved if necessary.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
He'll be lucky to not break his neck on those steps

At the end of the vid it appears that he gerrymanders a ramp w/ the cinder blocks and a piece of ply. Can't imagine him getting all that equipment into the space w/o it.
I'm sure in true artisan style he'll eventually decide on a more permanent solution.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
vic46 wrote:
That is real KOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody know the badge name of the dust hood on the mitre saw?

I would like to get my hands on one of those.

Cheers;

Vic

I THINK it's this one:

Table Miter Saw Cover

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow! I just built a huge shed to use as a workshop. This would have been a lot easier. Thanks for sharing.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
That is real KOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody know the badge name of the dust hood on the mitre saw?

I would like to get my hands on one of those.

Cheers;

Vic
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.