cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Old wax on Motorhome

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
We have not waxed this older MH yet. But I did wipe down the drivers door a bit to see if the black marks would come off, they did. But later when I walked by the door and it had dried, I noticed white through the other colour paint. Would this be the old wax coming off and smearing. If so what do I do/use to get this cleaned off and a clean MH to wax and shine?
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker
6 REPLIES 6

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
complete wash of MH, and then we applied Zep Clear coat finish I believe it was to the roof, numerous times. Rain delayed us, but MH is looking 10 years younger. Thank for your help
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
We are pretty sure now that this is oxidation for the fiberglass roof. So we are starting with the roof today.
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Try Meguiar's Marine-RV One Step Compound, it remove oxidation, stains, ect. and leaves a little shine. Follow that with a coat of wax and looks like new again. It is designed for Gelcoat on Boats & RVs. I love it. ๐Ÿ™‚
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

westend
Explorer
Explorer
A really good surface cleaner for oxidized surfaces is Jasco. I've used it on a variety of painted surfaces and it eliminates a lot of oxidation in the paint. I usually apply it with a sprayer and hit the surface with a soft brush. Rinse and repeat.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
A good POLISHING compound will do the trick followed by a coat of wax.
Could be old wax but I suspect it is oxidation.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
If it is not oxidation then Dawn dish soap will remove the wax.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008