cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pole voltage VS EMS Voltage

AUwing2
Explorer
Explorer
Well if it's July, I must be discussing power issues at the campground . . .

Lately, we've been experiencing voltage issues which the Progressive EMS has been seeing and shutting down power until it's happy. Talked again with the campground owner who's listening but skeptical that an issue exists. Last year, he brought in an electrician who found and corrected a lot of loose connections. That took care of the low voltage but the occasional high voltage continued. This past week seems high voltage has been the rule and the system cuts down any time of the day or night.

The same electrician came back today saying the power at the pole was fine and wondered if the issue isn't in my trailer electrical. One think he pointed to was the 122V measured at the pole and 128V flashing on my EMS display. Any idea why we'd see higher voltage at the rig compared to the post? This is a 50amp hardwired EMS that has had a Hum since installed in 2015 - it this normal?
17 REPLIES 17

akrv
Explorer
Explorer
One is reading true power and the other is reading apparent power.
2005 Coachmen Concord 275DS
2004 Malibu Maxx LT

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
Call Progressive. My hard wired 30 A EMS had the same symptoms from day 1. It always displayed 4 volts higher than the actual voltage. They told me how to adjust the unit to read the same as the input voltage. Maybe yours just needs this adjustment or maybe its bad. Can't help with the hum. Hope this helps
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Subscribing.
Curious about the hum and differing voltages...