cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Progressive Insurance

surfride
Explorer
Explorer
This post is about my claim experience with Progressive. I damaged two of my basement doors on my motorhome, nothing structural, a cosmetic repair, should be a turn and burn repair; yeah right. As it turns out these doors are aluminum and aluminum is near impossible to repair; who knew, I thought they were sheet metal... When I called to make the claim, an adjuster called back and said they were too busy to schedule an appointment. Seriously? I live in San Diego, they cannot cover Southern California to get an adjuster out in a day or two... Ten days and they finally sent someone out, nice enough guy, but he knowingly shorted the estimate by over 25%, underestimating the cost of the doors by nearly 65%. Even after he explained why the doors had to be replaced he estimated replacement of 400 per door, knowing Fleetwood charged 1100 per door, how do I know he knew; he told me himself what they cost for various manufacturers, why didnt he call FW himself and get an exact price?

There are three shops in San Diego equipped to handle rv body repairs; of the two I called they both were reluctant to work on a claim from Progressive. The shops told me Progressive is known for intentionally shorting estimates and they dont want to waste their time going back and forth with Progressive for more money trying to get ahold of their adjusters. Progressive does not have enough adjusters for my area, it took me three days to get a call back from my adjuster just for him to tell me there is nothing he can do. So in my case the shop tried to patch the doors without discussing it with me, the adjuster was correct they cannot be repaired, the patch is easily spotted. Progressive's position; you picked the shop we cant do anything; but it was their intentionally low balling the estimate by 25% that created this problem. My motorhome has now sat for six weeks and Progressive is laughing all the way to the bank. Brilliant business strategy. THANKS FLO!

(Have fun all you Progressive cyber-shrills)
~surfride
39 REPLIES 39

cochise49
Explorer
Explorer
I use Good Sam VIP. In 2013 I ripped off three compartment doors on a 2005 DP. VIP was transitioning from GMAC to National General then. Long pole in that tent was the really long wait for the doors to be manufactured. Took over five months for the work to be completed. Rig was could not be driven. Timing is everything. New model year production was taking up factory resources and we had to wait for a lull in the line. I was told that dimensions change enough almost every year to make it impossible to find parts like this in stock. Winnebago claims to be able to do this much quicker due to sheer numbers and computerized control. Hope I never have to find out.
Bev& Keith
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake

Mike_Taverniti
Explorer
Explorer
We have Progressive and a recent claim was handled without issue. Will continue with Progressive.

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
Campinfan wrote:
Thanks for the info. I won't use them but also because of the political views of the owner /person running the company. Why do you think they call it Progressive?

X2!
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

oldtrojan66
Explorer
Explorer
Campinfan wrote:
Thanks for the info. I won't use them but also because of the political views of the owner /person running the company. Why do you think they call it Progressive?

I did a Snopes.com search and they state that Mr Lewis died in Nov, 2013 so it appears he doesn't have much to do with day-to-day operation.
2007 Jayco Designer 36RLTS
2006 F350 DRW 6.0 PSD (powerstrokehelp.com)
When you're born, everyone is smiling and you're crying. Live so that when you die everyone else is crying and you're smiling!

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
We too have Progressive for our trailer. This past February a tree limb fell and went through our roof. We called Progressive that day and they took all the information and told us to take it to the dealer we wanted to work on it and the adjuster would come there and look at it. When the adjuster arrived in 2 days the dealership showed them all that needed to be fixed, complete new roof, skylight, new slide out awaning and interior repairs. They agreed with everything and sent us the check for the entire amount so we could pay the dealership after we were happy with the repairs. Very easy and pleasant experience.
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

pompomgirl
Explorer
Explorer
We insure everything with Amica. DH has been with them for 45+ years. Many claims including a $13K one on the MH, never the least problem. They bend over backwards to serve customers.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Not all experiences are the same. We were very happy with our large claim and continue to have Progressive.

pegdiver
Explorer
Explorer
Had an awning replacement this summer - Progressive handled it without a problem. Have a new awning handled when we were traveling.
2012 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with 2012 Jeep Liberty toad.
Old - 1999 32' Adventurer (no slides) with Grand Vitara toad (105,000 miles!)
Pride 3 wheel mobility scooter
Only 3 states to go in the USA, Camped in most of Canada and 4 states in Mexico too!

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm... I've had Progressive for nearly 10 years on my RV... but have NEVER had a claim. Your post makes me wonder if I should be looking elsewhere.

I'd be very interested in experience others have had with Progressive Insurance.....
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III