cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question for those who use Coach Net

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking into their plans and have talked to a couple representatives and need to hear some actual experience.

Our sticking point is deciding to go for the Premier plan over the Basic as it would cover all our vehicles (not just the RV) and we would drop our regular AAA coverage.

The thing that has us nervous is the towing to the "nearest qualified repair facility". That's fine when we're out on the road and aren't familiar with where we would want to go... But, when we're around home... Say we have a breakdown and want to be either towed home or to our favorite mechanic. Coach Net says that we would have to pay the difference.

AAA has a certain amount of miles that are covered and then we pay the rest. We tell them where we want it towed.

So - say dh is at work and has a breakdown that he can't fix - he wants it towed to our favorite mechanic which is 5 miles away, but Coach Net says they have a qualified place that is 2 miles away.

How does this work out for you guys in real life?

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
26 REPLIES 26

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks very much to all who responded! We just signed up. ๐Ÿ™‚

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
I used Coachnet for a problem last year for the first time. I thought they had great service. I was towed because my Allison ECU went out. They towed me after finding an Allison repair facility some miles away. It was a $750.00 tow and required just a signature from me. He told me he would not have come out from Good Sam as he did not like the way they tried to negotiate him down in past experience. I have no idea about that I was just glad this company came out they were very careful and very polite. Coachnet called and checked up on me 3 times. I will stay with Coachnet because of this good experience.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
I use Coach Net. AAA dumped my last RV into a ditch improperly towing it. Have AAA still but would only use it for towing the cars.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Pasusan,
If that is really a concern of yours you could drop AAA and still get both great corerage and the coverage you are asking about with the Platinum+ RVโ€ฆ
We pay 100% of your towing fees to the nearest network service facility - even if the distance is hundreds of miles! Plus, we'll tow you to any destination you choose within 100 miles of your disablement.
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
I used Coach Net twice to tow my daily driver. Once when I hit a road hazard and blew 2 tires. I was towed to the shop I specified that had the tires I wanted, not the nearest shop that might have tires that fit. Another time I blew a heater hose, not too far from home. I asked to be towed home so I could fix it, no issues.
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS ๐Ÿ˜› 2007, DD :C 2008

stuplich
Explorer
Explorer
I have CoachNet and have used it 3 times in 14 years.
The best thing I can say about any ERS is that it gives you a "warm fuzzy feeling" when you know you have it, but don't need or use it.

When you need it you may find that they will not do everything you expect them to do, and/or in a manner you expect them to do it... but I would not leave home without one!

Just sayn'

Mel
'96 Safari

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
We changed from GS to Coachnet because of the many good reviews about CN. Have not needed them yet but they were easy and pleasant to deal with when we bought the plan.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We used Coach Net for a flat on our toad. The service was excellent. First they ask if you are in a safe area. The first provider didn't show in 20 mins. Coach Net called to make sure they arrived. When they found they didn't, they immediately dispatched another provider. Very happy with the service. We have Coach Net through our insurance provider, National Interstate Insurance.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

donandmax
Explorer
Explorer
Coach net is the one to go with. We did and we're not sorry
If it aint broke fix it till it is

lasttruck
Explorer
Explorer
My experience was not with Coach Net but with GSERS.

Our old Bronco had broken down and I figured out what the problem was, so wanted it towed home. I was told that I would have to pay the difference as I knew that I would. Home was probably about 2 miles past the authorized repair facility and that ran me $5 out of pocket.

Both cover the hook up fee. It's the mileage that makes the difference.
07 F150
10 Chalet XL1935
15 Fleetwood Brittany Park
Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website
Evergreen Coho SKP Park on Facebook

KazooTom
Explorer
Explorer
We have had Coach-Net for several years. We've used them several times in years past. We have their highest level of coverage, that also covers any other vehicles that I drive. Once in Canada we had a flat tire on our car during an extremely cold period. Checked with local services and the wait time was 2 hours or more, Called Coach-Net and had a service truck there in 20 minutes to change the tire. Used them twice for an older class C. Had a problem starting the coach when in Minnesota, Coach-Net arranged for a tow to the nearest Ford dealership that could handle the coach. It was not the closest dealership, but the one that could handle the coach a bit farther away. Once again in Michigan they sent a mobile service out to replace a radiator hose on the side of the road. In all cases there was no charge for the response. We did have to pay for parts. On the Michigan call they were going to send someone from about 30 miles away. I suggested they check a town much closer and they found a service only 10 miles away to send.

In your example, the worse case would be you would have to pay for the extra 3 miles towing to you choice of service provider. We have always been completely satisfied with the service we received and the response of the operator we contacted. I wouldn't be surprised if they would agree to such a short difference in distance towed.
Tom & Barb
'07 Winnebago Voyage 35L
Workhorse W22 Chassis

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Have had CN for over 15 years and have ALWAYS had an excellent experience anytime I needed assistance. You will find their dispatchers have some leeway to help you achieve your destination and on one occasion the dispatcher went to a supervisor to get our 56 classic auto taken care of. They have been there when we needed them and have always towed us where we wanted to go without any additional charges.

They even towed one of the forum members RV from Alaska to the lower 48, so it could be properly repaired. They are as good as they come, in my book.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today