cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rare find. Used HD F150.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I drive by this car lot several times a week. I spotted this truck there. Not very often you see a used F150 with the Heavy Duty payload package sitting on a car lot.
http://www.hondaofsalem.com/used/Ford/2013-Ford-F-150-salem-or-072dc5b90a0a00652d36b4d5177d43cb.htm
41 REPLIES 41

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
kaydeejay wrote:
According to the window sticker that truck has a GVWR of 8200#. I think that makes it a HD.

But it's a Canadian truck....."This vehicle not intended for sale or registration in the US".

Hmmm, wonder what they have done to make it 50 State legal.:h

I don't think much other than importing it. I believe part of it is warranty purposes. The used truck I purchased was originally from Canada with that language. I purchased it from a Ford dealer as a certified pre-owned and warranty.
Well, other than the fact it is not certified to meet US Safety and Emission regulations (Canada IS different!) and it has a primary scale kilometer speedo and (maybe) odometer it shouldn't be an issue!!!
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a HD payload and a max Tow... It's a 8,200 lb GVWR fake half ton
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
kaydeejay wrote:
According to the window sticker that truck has a GVWR of 8200#. I think that makes it a HD.

But it's a Canadian truck....."This vehicle not intended for sale or registration in the US".

I don't think much other than importing it. I believe part of it is warranty purposes. The used truck I purchased was originally from Canada with that language. I purchased it from a Ford dealer as a certified pre-owned and warranty.

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer

Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
How about ya'll look at the original window sticker. This one works. It is a download.

The real window sticker.

No more arguing as to what this truck actually is.

I do not put any grain of salt in dealer descriptions on their website. They are pretty generic and usually list standard features. Another poster on here saw a dealers ad for a brand new Suburban with a 5.7L engine!
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

meesda
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen some been confused or used truck vendor claiming to be an HD...alias Harley Davidson package that is not an F150HD. The F150 in the picture is an definitely a F150HD because of the 7 lugs. Also F150HD in recent years were only available in straight cab with 8 ft box or supercrew with 6.5 ft box.

Nice truck. It will not be there for long although the price is steep considering I can get a 2015 supercrew with HD payload package (around 2600 lbs..400 more than 2013 F150HD) for 42000$ + tax cdn$.
Dant
2006 Cruiser CF29BT
2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 6.0

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the body line kicks up a 1/16 of an inch at the rear of the cab also and the turn signals flash 200ths of a second faster ! :S :R
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
BillyW wrote:
No, max tow does not get you 7 lugs on any year. 7 lugs are a feature of the max payload package that was later renamed HD. The max tow option is included in the max payload/hd configuration by default though.

As far as I know, Ram's only fake half ton was the discontinued 1500 Megacab which was really a 2500 Megacab with softer springs. Same 8 lug axles and all.

Partially true.
The Max Tow option gets you a GVWR of 7650 or 7700lbs (pre 2015)
The HD option gets you (pre 2015) 8200lbs.
The Max Tow rims are standard 6 lug.
HD rims are 7 lug.
You need the Max Tow before you get the HD payload option.
Both require a 3.73 rear gear.
HD has a 4800 RAWR.
Max Tow has 4050lbs+/-.

Max Tow is not the HD. They're two separate options.
Also the HD option is only available on the 157" WB.
That's the Super Crew + 6.5" box or the Super Cab 8' box.

All this changes with the new aluminum bodied F150 where enough weight is shaved form it that it can offer the HD payload package without 7 lug rims.

I really wasn't trying to stir up this much controversy. I was just posting this because as most know the HD version (8200lb GVW) is an order only truck. So to see one for sale is kinda rare. I suppose as more time passes then more may pop up as the accumulated amount increases as time goes by.

BTDT with a 2010 F150. 7650lb GVWR. 1857lb payload. No tow mirrors.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
No, max tow does not get you 7 lugs on any year. 7 lugs are a feature of the max payload package that was later renamed HD. The max tow option is included in the max payload/hd configuration by default though.

As far as I know, Ram's only fake half ton was the discontinued 1500 Megacab which was really a 2500 Megacab with softer springs. Same 8 lug axles and all.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Thought there was a 7 lug "max tow" too? Or was it the "super duty" ? ๐Ÿ™‚

How many of the 14 or so 'half ton' offerings has the 7 lug wheels ?
Thought both the "HD" and the "Max Tow" had 7 lugs... :h

Also read that there is a "HD tow" option...is that the same as the F150HD? :h

No wonder the OP is confused as to which 'half ton' this one is, or
any of the other 'half tons' out there...:R

Now if a GM...it's the 10 bolt and 12 bolt diff cover that says it is
a 'half ton' and the 'HD' half ton has 14 bolts...but then there are
three or more 14 bolt diff covers...but heck...all of the 14 bolt diff
covers has ~6K RGAWR's...so for sure they are the 'HD' half tons... :R

One 14 bolt diff cover has a 7K RGAWR :E BUT...this isn't offered on
any of the fake half tons...but higher class...such as the fake 3/4
ton "HD" versions with GVWR's in the +9K range...:R You can also
tell by the fact that these fake 3/4 ton's has a Duramax :B And...
the regular 3/4 ton's are gassers :C

Ford does a better job of component based ID'ing...as GM switches directly
to 8 lug wheels for the fake half ton...AKA "HD" version. So gotta
take a look at their tail end to see which diff cover it has...:S

Wonder what RAM's non GVWR ID is for these fake half tons are... :h

Nephew's fake 3/4 ton says 2500 Heavy Duty on it's side, but 8 lugs
so it has the +9K GVWR closer to a 1 ton than the regular 8.6K GVWR
of a regular 3/4 ton :C
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
BenK wrote:
The only way to truly tell is with it's GVWR

7 lugs were/are only av on HD models. Goes all the way back to the '97 7700 series F150/250's.

It's an HD regardless of the GVWR.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
The only way to truly tell is with it's GVWR

'Regular' half ton's range in the 6K GVWR up to 7.4K GVWR

The "HD" version with the 7 lugs is +8K GVWR and have read of a 7.8K GVWR

Key is that the RGAWR is NOT in the 4K range, but up close to the 6K range

These are for those who insist on only owning a 'half ton'...and why I call
them 'fake half tons'...
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

TexasATM
Explorer
Explorer
Tow mirrors aren't necessarily included in the maxtow package either. My dad has regular mirrors and max tow with all of the necessary goodies for a 11k lb capacity.
2011 Jayco 32BHDS

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
2manytoyz wrote:
Definitely not the max tow package. My 2010 has that feature, and is rated for 11,100 lbs towing, and 1810 lbs payload.

It not only includes tow mirrors, but longer rear springs, sharper turning radius, heavy duty cooling system, separate transmission cooler, class IV hitch, built-in brake controller, built-in active anti-sway system, 7 pin and 4 pin trailer connections, etc.

My ex-boss bought a 2011 F150 with the Ecoboost. His tow capacity matches mine, despite being a 6 cylinder. He tows a 27' Airstream.

Great trucks, but be sure what you're buying before laying down the money. LOTS and LOTS of possible configurations available. All else fails, there's a website that will decode the VIN to tell you exactly what the factory built.

They didn't put 7 lug rims on anything but the HD package F150.
Max Tow isn't the same as the Heavy Duty payload package. Max Tow is the lesser of the two.

Here's the window sticker for the VIN listed.
http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/FordSticker.html?title=1FTVW1ET0DKE25743