cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

mrjimboalaska
Explorer
Explorer
lwmuddy,
Dont think it's funny at all.....I think people are still wanting lower prices, and with >70% of Americans wanting increase and refining of our oil domestically, and one certain party blocking that, THAT is the sad part.....
guess they don't represent us after all, just the GREENIE KOOKS!

lwmuddy
Explorer
Explorer
Have you noticed how quickly people have adusted to these wild price increases?
The threads started out full of fire and flame and now are just smoldering embers waiting once again to be rekindled into a scorching inferno?:B

If this wasn't so sad it would be funny. Or is it the other way round?

What we need is a thread on whether the market will ever get to 14 again.

Burp
Explorer
Explorer
Burp wrote:
There seems to be a pattern and we are falling for it:

* Starts at 1.75/gal - we are happy
* Raises to 2.50 - we think the sky is falling
* Drops to 2.25 and the oil companies are heroes
* Raises to 2.75 - the end of the world as we know it
* Drops to 2.50 - the economy is GOOD
* Raises to 4.00 by June

That is where we are now. I predict it will drop back down to about 3.50-3.75 and we will be happy. They have us well trained.
This is a prediction I made on this forum last April. I think I can say "Told ya so!". :C
2007 Winnebago Voyage 33V (Workhorse, W20)
2008 Suzuki S83 (VS1400)

Me, the Wife :), Sarah ๐Ÿ˜›
Places we have camped in an RV

nypatnva
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! Gas down to $3.64 in Richmond.Va. How low will it go?
2016 dodge ram
champion generator 1978 Serro Scotty Highlander (restored)

cheridave
Explorer
Explorer
lwmuddy wrote:
Calif income tax was just increased to 12% on $100 thousand and over.

I know that the "PIGS" in Sacramento were kicking this around, but I have not heard that it was passed by the "PIGS" and signed by the Governor.

At least not yet:(

Dave

RR_john
Explorer
Explorer
In the UK we are now paying ยฃ1.22 a litre so it equates to about $10 a US gallon.

You guys think you have it bad.

lwmuddy
Explorer
Explorer
Calif income tax was just increased to 12% on $100 thousand and over.
World larges auto manufacturer decided NOT to build in California, but rather Mississippi due to the taxes and gov constraints.
You gussed it. Toyota.
I can see why rv mfg's go to mexico, because we are not manufacturing friendly, but still European mfg's are coming here, because it is still cheaper to build here (America) then over there. At least we'll have jobs.

traxtermax
Explorer
Explorer
The infrastructure is starting to take a hit too. Asphalt cost rose $8/ton in the last month and it now costs $30,000 MORE to pave a mile of road than it did last year. As a result, road repairs are being cut by 50%, yet material costs are still increasing.

In conjunction with that, the low bid salt last year was $38.67/ton and it could be $87.67/ton this year (apparently, the current low bid).

On top of that heating oil is approaching $5/gallon and kerosene is well above that. In many ways, it's going to be a back-busting winter.:E

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
When people are cutting back on there driving, I can't believe what I heard today. Certain politicians are voting for a ten cent gas tax. I guess there slush fun is low because people are driving less. You can't win.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

RV-1_2n-FUN
Explorer
Explorer
lwmuddy wrote:
Some interview on an (Alleged) news report yesterday said that, there will be a 50 cent drop in the price of gasoline at the pump in 2 months and the barrel price will be dropping to between $60 and $80.
I think it was the "Headline News Chanel", dubius at best.

As for the drill now-drill here-drill what ever, even if we were to start suppling our own oil tomorrow, the prices would stay just about the same. They would find a good reason for it.

I want to thank the Moderators for giving us this thread. It really relieves the pressure better then Exlax in a Mexican resturant.

Murphy station at WM has gone down 9 cents since Thursday. But wait, there's a storm beginning to brew that should be heading into the Gulf.

winkyb
Explorer
Explorer
ORbiker wrote:
coolbreeze01 wrote:
Sorry if this is a repeat, but just saw where a 10cent a gallon raise on Federal fuel tax is being considered. Peachy :M

It is bound to happen. The states will be doing it next.

If less gas is purchased, then less TAX is collected.

After while we won`t need as big of roads.I know up north people are not going to ride them during the winter.But last mounth a scooter store here sold over 200 in the last 60 days and we must have at least 6 to 9 stores selling them.The 50 cc and under run 40 to 45 MPH and get from 80 to 110 miles per gallon and you don`t need a license for it like a motor cycle here.We all ready had more than most cites just being a beach town.But they have turned from a toy to ride to transportation for a lot of people.

lwmuddy
Explorer
Explorer
Some interview on an (Alleged) news report yesterday said that, there will be a 50 cent drop in the price of gasoline at the pump in 2 months and the barrel price will be dropping to between $60 and $80.
I think it was the "Headline News Chanel", dubius at best.

As for the drill now-drill here-drill what ever, even if we were to start suppling our own oil tomorrow, the prices would stay just about the same. They would find a good reason for it.

I want to thank the Moderators for giving us this thread. It really relieves the pressure better then Exlax in a Mexican resturant.

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
coolbreeze01 wrote:
Sorry if this is a repeat, but just saw where a 10cent a gallon raise on Federal fuel tax is being considered. Peachy :M

It is bound to happen. The states will be doing it next.

If less gas is purchased, then less TAX is collected.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

slowlane
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting statistic from Investors Business Daily: "...since June of 2001, oil has risen 160% in euros versus 376% in dollars."

Which should give a clue as to how much of our price pain is due to the weakened dollar. Which is mainly due to the Fed inflating the money supply (i.e., legalized counterfeiting) to provide all the billions the politicians in DC have been throwing at every imaginable problem and non-problem the last several years.

Yeah, supply and demand affect the value of money also.
07 Rev 40E
Happily and guiltlessly maximizing my carbon footprint