cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
SRT wrote:
VE6JEP wrote:
Besides the corrosive nature of ethanol the fact remains that there are fewer BTU per gallon of ethanol blended gasoline than straight unleaded. Looking at the CGE equivalent ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_gallon_equivalent ) it would appear that every 5% of added ethanol reduces the CGE by 1% and at $3.00 per gallon is the same as adding 3Cents per gallon to the effective cost.. (My assumption was that every supplier that says UP TO 10% means they will go to the max in using it.)

Are there still price supports for the ethanol industry????

Yep. kinda like the oil industry stiffing us for millions each year or the hollywood farmers getting moneys not to plant in the past or on the other hand Oklahoma allowing the energy company's to have a law that puts solar and wind energy under a penalty because they cut into their profits.
Big money rules this country and will till we change it.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer

Yep, to the tune of 53 cents per gallon with a 10% mandate. The corn belt states have it locked in. What a waste.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
VE6JEP wrote:
Besides the corrosive nature of ethanol the fact remains that there are fewer BTU per gallon of ethanol blended gasoline than straight unleaded. Looking at the CGE equivalent ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_gallon_equivalent ) it would appear that every 5% of added ethanol reduces the CGE by 1% and at $3.00 per gallon is the same as adding 3Cents per gallon to the effective cost.. (My assumption was that every supplier that says UP TO 10% means they will go to the max in using it.)

VE6JEP
Explorer
Explorer

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Was surprised to regular for $3.15 in Globe AZ, It was $3.45 in Apache Junction. :C

rich85704
Explorer
Explorer
Best prices in Tucson, AZ on 4/16/2014:

Regular 3.219
Diesel 3.659

A national forecast for gas prices from the USEIA:

EIA's projection, as of February 11, 2014, for the average retail price of regular-grade gasoline for February to December 2014 is $3.44 per gallon. The projection for the average retail price in 2015 is $3.36 per gallon.

(There are regional differences, with California prices the highest in the West.)

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=287&t=10
1999 Coachmen Santara Class C -- 24-foot
Ford V10

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Bringing up current "facts" that very well may have an adverse effect on our fuel prices is news I would think.
Bump put your head in the sand and see where that gets ya, LOL

The report is today's news not any pie in the sky stuff we see here frequently.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Michigan Diesel prices are all over the place this week from 3.99 to 4.29.
I think it is a little soon for the governors plan to stick it to us to pay for new roads but maybe not. With the new proposal for a "tax shift" (they will not say a tax raise) they are eliminating the at pump tax and doubling the suppliers tax. I can see a pump price of $4.20 for regular on the near horizon.
I can also see a new Volt on the horizon as my lease is running out. I asked about a Corvette and my sales guy said they are to small for my as at 6'3" and 250 I won't fit. He said many don't fit it and they have a sports bucket seat that hardly anyone fits. Still some of the Detroit lions and tigers are buying them to play with, LOL
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

dannydimitt
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel is 3.55 , and Regular Gasoline is 3.35 here in Bastrop , Texas this morning .

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
$3.32 to $3.79 here in central MA. Shell went up $.15 overnight.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
It's about to the point where gas prices may affect our summer travel plans.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Most gasoline prices dribbled down to $3.56 from $3.59 a gallon. Dribble down or shoot up, either one or the other. One tends to get motion sickness watching the price bounces.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Ethanol has contributed to the rotting fuel line in my restored Tbird. I discovered the fuel line is actually disintegrating where it attaches to the fuel filter. It has several minute but visible cracks in the end that permitted raw gasoline to leak onto the top of the engine instead of going into the carb. If you have the wrong fuel line one a carbureted engine keep an eye on it. Just got back from Florida and gas in Miami is $3.75 and up. Tennessee is still the best around $3.45. All the stations in my home town are the same price and it's as much as $3.75 as well.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I think that ethanol mandate is going to be hard to get rid of. Too many congressmen involved in it from the corn states. Those ethanol plants in the Midwest look like cities. It drives up food prices for anything involved with corn which is a lot. It is a waste of money all around. At least they have put the stops to the 15% mandate.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
A hitch and hop wrote:
Read in the WSJ yesterday that the price of Ethanol has jumped $1.00 a gallon. It doesn't seem to be the price of oil but the cost of shipping Ethanol to the pump that is driving the price of gas at the pump. Gas without additives is less expensive than Ethanol added fuel. You need to write your representatives to have them repeal the Ethanol mandate.

I think the corn crop didn't fair well last year (as I recall). Don't look for any repeal in the future as we go to higher gas mileage.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i