cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Garage Advice

JB77
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to build a garage to park my 27' TT and pickup. First question I have for anyone who went through this process is does any one have any ballpark costs for a project like this? I would like to compare the price of siding vs brick also. I will likely be looking at a 14' door and a 8' door. I would like to find ones that match and look more residential. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
23 REPLIES 23

Hiking_Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is roughly 30x40, vinyl siding, conventional shingle roof, unfinished inside, (did the electrical myself), foundation is elevated in the rear approx 6 feet, level with the driveway in the front. Built it 6 years ago for $32K. Added a concrete apron for another $6K.

If you plan to use a roll up door, be sure the front wall is a couple feet higher than the door To allow for the roll up mechanism. Also, put in a floor drain. That helps when you pull the trailer in wet.
Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2015 Montana High Country 305RL
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
CGVW 20460 Lbs.

JB77
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for all for the replies! The largest I could go would be about 30'x40' due to yard size. The house is brick, so I'd prefer to stay with that, but I'm sure this will add significantly to the cost. I don't need it finished inside, I can do that at a later date. I would like to have power run to it, but plumbing won't be necessary. Just a 4/12 roof would be fine, unless someone has a suggestion for something else. I didn't think about making the ceiling high enough to get on the roof while still parked inside, thanks for that guidry.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I went with a 18X27 twelve foot tall canopy from Tri State Canopy. a few years back. total cost including installation was $1,550. I added a wall on one side by screwing galvanized rippled metal to the studs. Heavy winds have not done any damage. Rated for 85 MPH. Go bigger and taller than you think you will ever need .
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
JB77 wrote:
I'm looking to build a garage to park my 27' TT and pickup. First question I have for anyone who went through this process is does any one have any ballpark costs for a project like this? I would like to compare the price of siding vs brick also. I will likely be looking at a 14' door and a 8' door. I would like to find ones that match and look more residential. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've built 24x26' garage for 14.000$ including the 6" concrete slab using 6" structural insulated panels,very strong and easy to put together.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_insulated_panel

If you want something even stronger and longer lasting check the stats on these panels

www.tridipanel.com

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you build it bigger than you think you need. Cheaper to do it right the fist time than to have to renovate.

You need to give a lot more details of your plans in order to get a ballpark. I have a 24 x 52'. It has a single 20' x 14' door. I budgeted $25k for the basics, then planned on finishing (insulating, power, drywall, heat) later. I decided to do it all at once and stopped counting what it cost when I was $10k over budget. I am happy with what I ended up with, but it certainly was a process.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wanted a cover for the mh as well as our two cars. All were parked next to the house. The driveway was already paved with asphalt. I had a 24x32 carport built. 6x6 poles, 24 ft trusses, shingled roof. 30 amp power, standard 110 plug, lights. Stained to match the adjacent log cabin. $13k.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got a estimate for a 2x6 stud, 20x40 with 14x12 foot door, man door and four windows. Stucco exterior, unfinished inside no electrical (I was going to do it myself) for $31,000 including the slab. I did not want to spend that much so I had the slab poured with footings should I ever decide to build a stick and mortar shop on it.

My guess for a shop like your describing around 30x40,x14 with two doors, finished inside and out with electrical would be in the $50,000 to $75,000 range..

You might not be able to go this route, I went with a metal RV port. 20x41 sides are 9' center is 12'. No real snow load here but had to have permit and engineering specs to show wind rating over 110mph which I got from the installer for free.. Total cost including RV Port, installation, slab and some sidewalks was $11,000

You can enclose it, make it taller, shorter, bigger, roll up doors. Just depends on how much you want to spend..

2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
If you build it big enough for a large 5er or class A then it'll be large enough for any future rigs. Also, I suggest you make it high enough so you can do any repairs on the roof without moving it outdoors. And, lastly, think about vents so a generator or class A engine can be running while indoors. Adding dump and electrical will make us all jealous! Post pics.

Explorer
Explorer
Dimensions? Block or frame? Electric? Plumbing? Concrete floor? Roof type? Pitch of roof? If block make your door opening 14'8 minimum both doors. Standard block height and won't be a problem with any RV. I built mine, by my self (Block and frame) 24 x 42 with 15'4 ceilings in 2006. Electric and plumbing. Bare bones. Painted floors and exterior. Again in 2006 for $15,000. I would guess if contracted now it would be in the area of $45,000 apples for apples
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.