cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV wave

dmeck
Explorer
Explorer
I think we should start the rv wave, if its not already. Jeep owners have the jeep wave and motorcycle owners have the motorcycle wave. So it only makes since that rv owners wave at each other.
42 REPLIES 42

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
EricGT wrote:
My wife drives a Wrangler and actually gets excited when she gets to wave to another.
She alerts me as soon as she see's another motorhome. Although, I admit I don't wave to tt or 5th wheels. Does that make me a motorhome snob????

Absolutely!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

EricGT
Explorer
Explorer
My wife drives a Wrangler and actually gets excited when she gets to wave to another.
She alerts me as soon as she see's another motorhome. Although, I admit I don't wave to tt or 5th wheels. Does that make me a motorhome snob????
2015 Thor A.C.E. 30.1 -'AliCE'

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
We just came back from a trip to southern Utah. We were on the road several weeks. I think we saw more waving this time than ever before. We do try to stay on the rural back highways when possible.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots, of us ,wave. Lots, of us can't be seen through slightly dark interior or curtains though. The one finger lift or wave, if they're coming the other way they see. Wife has death stare focused on the road when she drives so I wave, if I'm awake.

Rvpapa
Explorer
Explorer
Even if you are 60 feet long, you are on your side of the road and in another second or two you will be gone, therefore I don't really care who is driving. I am much more focused on the area right behind you in case there is a little 4 wheeler that has been trying to get by decides that now is the time to pass.
Art.

ToadHaul
Explorer
Explorer
I have had British sports cars all of my life (it was the family business) and sports car drivers used to flash their lights or wave. That seems to have gone by the wayside too. We wave anyway. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Regarding the flashing of lights to notify oncoming drivers of radar...I've been told that in some areas the police can ticket you for doing that but I do not know this for a fact...so be careful!

๐Ÿ˜‰

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Matt_Colie wrote:
.... In many places, flashing to warn of a speed trap is a citable offense as either "interfering with enforcement" or (wouldn't you know I forgot the other charge)...

Matt

That ruling has been overturned.

The judge held that flashing your lights was a First Amendment right.
Source

Happy camping.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yaj wrote:
I always thought the "high beam flash" was to tell others that there was a radar trap ahead. :E

That flash just means "Attention" or "I see you" or "You go" and is situation dependent. In many places, flashing to warn of a speed trap is a citable offense as either "interfering with enforcement" or (wouldn't you know I forgot the other charge). Any case, I still use it a lot both in the passcars and the coach though the coach is so old is does not have it on the signal lever.

The high beam flash started in Europe as they were late to the game and did not have to put the dip switch on the floor.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Cool!! Be glad to see ya! I'm the one with the tiger on the spare tire

Kusani
Explorer
Explorer
who pass me that never look over; like they are totally oblivious to a passing rig almost 60' long

Our rig also is 'almost 60' long' and please don't expect me to look over while passing either. I am focusing on the road, and trust you understand this. ๐Ÿ™‚ But we will be glad to socialize when we get to the campground or in a rest area.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
I like to wave too. Sometimes we wind up at the same campground later in the day. The ones I wonder about are the ones I pass or who pass me that never look over; like they are totally oblivious to a passing rig almost 60' long. HUH?

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
It makes us feel good to wave. We are indifferent if we receive one in return. But we go chuckle if the oncoming driver has "that" look on their face.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

kroghville
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
That said, my wife gets all sorts of nods, waves, and compliments when she drives the truck (especially by herself). It's like people don't believe a woman can drive a truck.

Maybe it's because she's more attractive than you think!!! LOL

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
That said, my wife gets all sorts of nods, waves, and compliments when she drives the truck (especially by herself). It's like people don't believe a woman can drive a truck.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page