Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV wax

Happycamper30
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of wax can I use on a fiberglass RV,can I get it
like at Fleet Farm or an auto place and can it just be car wax?
is there a good spray on or is it better to rub on and off??
Thank you,
Ron
13 REPLIES 13

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've heard Zep is great too. Lots of great options out there, and they all work, some easier than others.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I wish I knew about acrylic polishes when I purchased my RV back in 92 - would have saved hundreds of hours over the years waxing my rig. Suggest you use the forum search feature use the term "Zep wet look" - popular product used by many Rvers. Worth a look.
Kevin

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use NuFinish from Wang Mart. Economical and lasts a long time.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
Use a wax designed for fiberglass it's different than a car, they contain things that feed your fiberglass I have used Protectall, Maguire's RV and Boat wax, 3M makes great products (they own Maguire's)

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
loggenrock wrote:
Protect-All! You can get it in the pump bottle in the RV section at Wallyworld. Easy on - very durable - been using it on the camper, cars, boat for many years. Safe over decals, too. Wish I had stock in the company...! ST

That's what I've started to use. Waxed my truck and car about a month ago and the wax is holding up very well. Ease of application can't be beat, which means I'm more inclined to do it whenever it is needed.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Waxing an RV is unnecessary unless it has full body paint. Should you chose to do it anyway, it will take a long time as there is far more surface area than any passenger vehicle. Therefore, I recommend using a product that lasts a long time, 6mo+. That would exclude almost all carnuba based waxes. Look into synthetic polymer based sealants.

I highly recommend Aerospace 303 Protectant for. It offer great UV protection and can be used everywhere outside your RV.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
I like 3M cleaner/wax. Once in the spring to clean the oxidation and get a coat of wax I used it for years on my boat. After a day of salt spray and fish blood I could just hose it down and stuff would bead up and wash off
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
Rejex.... Best ever and I've tried a bunch over the years... Check it out HERE
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Protect-All! You can get it in the pump bottle in the RV section at Wallyworld. Easy on - very durable - been using it on the camper, cars, boat for many years. Safe over decals, too. Wish I had stock in the company...! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

SH
Explorer
Explorer
Thread 1

Thread 2
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Mequire's cleaner wax. Does GREAT. Used it on my 2004 aluminum TT, and after 10 years. No fading.
Have used in on my 2013 Fiberglass TT, and still no fading. It doesn't hurt the decales either. But will bring back the shine of the GelCoat.
after all. It's just gel coat. Get it at WMart, or any auto store.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Moved from ATC

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
My favorite is Meguires paste wax. It was good enough for my 57 Ford Fairlane so its good enough for my RV. I've changed to Red Max Pro three years ago but thats not something you are asking about.
I think that any paste wax will give you adequate protection and shine. Its all in the application and time between applications.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox