Rvers beware

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
32 REPLIES 32

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Did any of you notice Eric was having a really hard time not busting out laughing while he was trying to look sad he was leaving WA. Those weren't tears about to flood the screen they were giggles.

At first I thought it was for real but come on. Even those backwoods folks in WA. are better than that.

Of course you can believe what you want, this is just my opinion and that and Five Bucks will buy you a coffee at The State's Official Coffee Temple.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Now youโ€™re venturing out onto the same thin ice as the misinformed guy in the OPโ€™s YouTube video.

โ€œStoreโ€ is a defined term in the ordinance. A person travelling in an RV would extremely unlikely to do anything that would qualify as โ€˜storingโ€™ their belongings illegally.

Ditto with โ€œcampโ€, โ€œcamp facilitiesโ€ or โ€œcamp paraphernaliaโ€.

The sky is NOT falling.

HighwayPilot
Explorer
Explorer
No Bueno
Virgil, May & Fred (the yellow Lab) ๐Ÿ™‚

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
well shoot...If I was a homeless person I would camp there come the cold weather and let them jail me for 3 months...get a nice warm cell and 3 meals a day!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
free radical wrote:
Of strange laws

https://youtu.be/IbyetN5_XTw

The only strange part about this is the person who posted it.
Lacey WA is mostly a sht hole and not unlike the rest of the sanctuary city type places in Western WA, is probably getting overrun with homeless "campers."
Heck, we live basically in the foothills of the Cascades. Hour from downtown Seattle and half hour form Tacoma and the homeless campers are pushing out into pullouts in our neck of the woods even.

Nothing about that law says you can't camp in Lacey in your RV, it says you can't pull up behind the 99cent per scoop Chinese restaurant off I 5 and set up camp though!

Plus I can't understand why anyone would want to camp there. It would be like camping in a less dangerous version of Compton.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Once again, as Abraham Lincoln once said, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
As usual, YouTube is a reliable source for inaccurate nonsense and misinformation.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Think about every city is having their homeless and vagrant problems. Guess that will take care of their problem. Theyโ€™ll just move on to the next town.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

I read the text as well and agree with it.... I did not read into it that you could not park in the campground....

They obviously have, or had a big issue with folks sleeping where they didn't belong... its a way to clean it up....

Sounds to me that someone in WA got bent out of shape because of rules...???

I may be 100% wrong...>???
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
After reading the ordinance, it seems like Fanatic could just put a sign in the windshield saying "Not Camping - Picking Up Mail" and nothing would have happened. It might be smarter to pick a parking spot that is not next to a homeless camp. Much to do about nothing. Vloggers running out of stuff to report.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
He was interpreting the ordinance as not allowing someone to have a sleeping bag in their car when driving around. I don't see that at all in the ordinance. He seems to be really stretching the "storage" part.

Looks like a standard "no camping in public areas" ordinance that so many towns and cities have.

What I do completely agree with him about is the "tent city" that he was next to. I assume that town has some plan for that after passing the new ordinance.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't seem that different from most rules for camping in public areas.

Not many town allow you to set up camp on the public streets or in public parks.

PS:. I read the law, didn't watch the video.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Letโ€™s see.... should I read the actual text of the ordinance or watch a YouTube video interpretation about it :?

I donโ€™t have a problem with the code, but Iโ€™m pretty sure the town had a BIG problem if they had to put such a rule in place.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a bunch of NUTS!! Thankfully, there are rules on this forum that won't allow me to express myself.