Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Social distancing

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just had to post this.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
23 REPLIES 23

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Monaramblee wrote:
Dont be too comfortable with the 15 minute rule. Dr. Google says that you can still be infected under 15 minutes.

I'm a police officer. Since day 1 of this thing I've been dealing with the general public and haven't gotten sick. I've been in very close personal contact without a mask (fighting people) and haven't gotten sick.

There is no reason that you cannot go on a walk OUTSIDE in FRESH AIR and be worried about getting infected. Take appropriate precautions if you are concerned... stay more than 6 feet apart and don't stop to have drawn out conversations with people. If that still scares you, buy an N95 mask and wear it appropriately if you see people approaching you. Living in fear and locking yourself in your house without exercise and leading yourself to depression is a horrible way to live. Study after study show that SUNSHINE and vitamin C are very helpful to staying healthy. Take a vitamin C and go for a walk. It'll make you feel a million times better.

Or you can hole yourself up in a cave and live depressed for a couple more years. Remember, only sick people quarantine. Healthy people are confined.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
Guy Roan wrote:
RoyF wrote:
If we had a "like"button, I would click on it.

Unfortunately; the Aunt Ednas in our camp ground can't read.
No one here is doing social distancing. It is a very sad situation.
My wife, (83) and myself (84) used to love to take a daily walk, but we now are pretty much trailer bound !

Guy

I have a 6 foot long walking staff. Used appropriately it keeps all the close talkers at bay, along with my big "keep your distance" button.

Jesseannie

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
If you follow the most pessimistic advice from the โ€œexpertsโ€ who are most fearful of backlash, anger and lawsuits from the most paranoid, squirmy, and litigious people who might be listening to their advice, you actually canโ€™t do anything at all without being infected.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Monaramblee wrote:
Dont be to comfortable with the 15 minute rule. Dr. Google says that you can still be infected under 15 minutes.

I had direct contact with a physical therapist who was an asymptomatic carrier. Both of us were masked and as it was my knee our faces weren't near each other. After talking to multiple medical professionals my risk of infection was pretty much non-existent. A casual walk-by in an open area should present virtually no risk.

OP, my original response based base on my interpretation of your understandable concern. Now having thought about it I think your risk (based on discussions with above stated professionals) is minimal at best. Keep your distance, mask on and enjoy.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Dont be too comfortable with the 15 minute rule. Dr. Google says that you can still be infected under 15 minutes.
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guy Roan wrote:

My wife, (83) and myself (84) used to love to take a daily walk, but we now are pretty much trailer bound !

Guy

You know that the CDC doesn't consider it an exposure until you've been in close personal contact for more than 15 minutes, right? Unless you are the worlds slowest walker, you can safely and easily enjoy all the walks you want.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
^^^ โ€”โ€” ^^^. Excellent plan ๐Ÿ˜›

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
I think I came up with a solution.
Every time we go for a walk, I'll carry a small can of ground black pepper.
As I approach someone with out a mask, I'll take my mask off and inhale just enough to create a big sneeze or two or three and then loudly complain about my stiff joints and how hard it is to catch my breath.

Guy

am1958
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:
Politicians 25 miles

No, politicians should always be kept within range otherwise they think they can do anything they please...

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Politicians 25 miles

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
A like button (o) ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Guy Roan wrote:
RoyF wrote:

Unfortunately; the Aunt Ednas in our camp ground can't read.

Guy

Carry a switch and wave it around as you mutter.
Folks will keep their distance
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
RoyF wrote:

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad