cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tell me about your vacuum!!!

kelly94942
Explorer
Explorer
What vacuum model do you have in your RV? I want to hear them all - central vacs, "regular" vacs, stick vacs, handheld vacs!

Do you love it/hate it?
Does it pick up dog hair?
Does it work well on carpet?
Does it work well on hard floors?
Me and wonderful DH
Previous #1: 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 299BHS, 2007 Chevy Tahoe
Previous #2: 2010 Carriage Carri-Lite 36MAX1, 2008 Ford F-450 (full timed for two years)
Current: 2013 Dutchman Kodiak 300BHSL, 2004 Ford Excursion
50 REPLIES 50

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
We just picked up a little Shark for $20. It can be used upright or hand held. It breaks into pieces and is light weight and the best thing...it stores perfectly in our TC!

It works perfectly on dog hair...and we use it to suck up the no see ums that appear in the evening and those annoying lady bugs that we get in late summer.

The only drawback is that it's not 12v. But we love it anyway, as we mostly camp with electric hookups.

Now my TC stays nice and clean.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't read all 5 pages of this thread and I didn't respond sooner because I really don't own a vacuum .

My TT has linoleum which I like because when I'm at the park I'm going to be out in nature and tracking in lots of dirt anyway so the linoleum is easy to clean.

My home has hard wood floors and that is soooooo much better then the carpet that used to be in here. Very easy to clean.

The only vacuum I own is a shop vac.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Bissell Lift-off Floors & More pet that I got from a local surplus/overstock sort of store (in obviously slightly used condition). It fits easily under the dinette seat, and cleans better than I expected, though of course is no match for a proper household vacuum cleaner.

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use a Rumba at home. Does a good job but we still have to vacuum.
There is another one of these type things. We bought it but returned it because it would run off the stairs. however it covered the entire floor in a steady back and forward.
I'm thinking of getting another one, if i can remember the name.
Don't use it in our Mh because it is not that large.
We have a Dirt Devil central vac that does pretty good. We have a rechargeable vac that we use a lot but it is not that great.
We had another in our fifth wheel that the charger burned up and it did great.
We need a rechargeable with a beater bar.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use an inexpensive Bissel corded yellow stick vac. Works fine 90% of the time, very light. For deep cleaning on occasion, the wife brings in the big artillery from the house.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
With 3 Collies I use a Hoover Nano Light works great $59 at Wallyworld.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shark Professional upright/canister bagless convertible. Works great, picks up dog hair better than any other vac we've owned, upholstery power head tool plus the usual accessory tools, and easy to clean filters. We store it under the bed.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a new 5th wheel and it came with the built in Dirt Devil. My wife loves it. I was just wondering if anyone uses the ROOMBA. When I win the lottery I am considering purchasing it. Looking for advice from users.

Thank you,
Dave

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I really like my Armor All Utility vac. Little shop vac, blower, and inflater in one.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
We full time...
Canisters are better than uprights. (just go ask a vacuum repair place to show you all the uprights they are working on...and then compare it to how many canisters they have to repair.) Uprights have more places that clog up... more fancy filters that get forgotten about - need replacing.)

But when space is an issue... uprights are easier to deal with.

I have a Miele canister for my deep cleaning days.

and for quick clean ups I now have a
Rowenta RH8559 Delta Force 18V Cordless Bagless stick Vacuum:

Delta Force Stick Va PEARL
FC8691100 Ordered from JC Penneyโ€™s
$149.00

I've had it two months and love it... beats the electrolux ergorapido (orange one) I had by a mile.

INFO FROM AMAZON SITE:
clicky
โ€ข The delta force cyclonic system accelerates vacuumed air through 3 filtration systems
โ€ข The patented delta suction head has one large central and two small canals to maximize suction around all edges of the head
โ€ข Includes and extra large ergonomic handle, comfortable loop handle with soft grip and other features
โ€ข Cordless and easy to use
โ€ข Has a high rechargeable battery capacity and an efficient motor with low energy consumption
โ€ข Delta Force cyclonic bagless technology accelerating vacuumed air through 3 filtration systems for powerful sustained suction
โ€ข Designed for hard floors, area rugs, and low to medium pile carpets
โ€ข Easy edge and corner access and spotless cleaning results
โ€ข Easy storage vacuum cleaner plugs directly into electrical outlet to recharge
โ€ข Easy-to-empty 33oz dust container
โ€ข Energy Star certified 18 Volt battery with low energy consumption
โ€ข Lightweight 7 and a half pounds
โ€ข No unwiedly charging base
โ€ข Patented 180 degree swivel triangle Delta Head with motorized brush and optimized suction canals for incomparable maneuverability
Kathy

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
.Black and Decker Platinum 20 volt Lithium-ion hand held.
Great suction and longevity. On-board brush attachment with a pull-out detail/crevice nozzle. I used it to clean the roof-top A/C inside unit filters and it got them looking like new in no time.
It takes up space and weight in our truck camper, so it stays at the stick and brick. A couple door mats, a wisk broom and a very small dust pan serve us well when we're on the road.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
kelly94942 wrote:
What vacuum model do you have in your RV? I want to hear them all - central vacs, "regular" vacs, stick vacs, handheld vacs!

Do you love it/hate it?
Does it pick up dog hair?
Does it work well on carpet?
Does it work well on hard floors?

I would take it to Nocona, Tx. and have it fixed right.
So big a world, so little time to see.

marspec
Explorer
Explorer
Hoover Nanolite. Has worked great for 8 years. Cost about $50-60 at Wally World. I hate the built in vac. Dragging that hose around is a pain and it doesn't have enough oomph with all the hose to pick up the dog hair.
2013 F450
Towing 2013 Lifestyle 37RESL

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Free Range Human wrote:
Hoover Linx cordless. Love, love, love this vacuum! Has a narrower path than others, which is perfect for the MH, and also has edge cleaning.

All I really miss is a crevice tool for the tiny places. Will have to get a small hand-held.

I love this one, too! Bought one for work, to vac the hard floors - and it worked so well, I bought one for the stick house. Does a great job of picking up dog hair! So now, when we head out with the RV, I just grab one of them; and they fit nicely in the corner of the bedroom and don't take up much room. Has a nice long battery life, too.

On edit: I see the price has gone up ๐Ÿ˜ž I bought both of mine from the Amazon Warehouse for about $45 less. One was missing its original packaging, and one was a refurbished model. Both work flawlessly.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!