cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thank goodness for Good Sam ERS

lynndiwagon
Explorer
Explorer
Let me start out by saying I'm not an employee of Good Sam. Was pulling my Big Country east on I70 through Illinois with my 3500HD. Pulled into Camp Lakewood in Effingham (great stop), unhooked and started for the gas station. Truck immediately went into limp mode and code was P0708 on transmission. Stuck. Friday afternoon, called local chevy dealer and was advised to bring it in on Monday morning. I can't drive it there but thank goodness for Good Sam ERS and especially Gaelen. He arranged for a tow truck to be at the campground Monday morning to tow me to the dealership. Very efficient and friendly. Hopefully they will have me back on the road soon, but you couldn't ask for a nicer place to be stuck.
Lynn & Diana Wagoner
Three Boston Terriers
2011 Chevy 3500HD, DRW, 4X4
2014 Big Country 3650RL
Retired
7 REPLIES 7

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Does GSERS give you the option to pay the two bill then get reimbursed?
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a noticeable improvement in the GS ERS reports since GSE switched to Allstate from Road America.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
Good to hear positive about GSERS
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

lynndiwagon
Explorer
Explorer
That's interesting. It is difficult when you're stranded and don't know the local business's, etc. Thanks to your nephew for his work.
Lynn & Diana Wagoner
Three Boston Terriers
2011 Chevy 3500HD, DRW, 4X4
2014 Big Country 3650RL
Retired

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Nephew who is in the towing business big time. He does the heaviest semi trucks to the littlest case. I ask him just last week which ERS provider he thought was best. His answer surprised me. He said none of them,they call every tow outfit in your area to haggle the best price, while you are left setting on the side of the road to wait. He has different trucks for different job depending on the difficulty of the tow; including size and weight. He says they always want him to use his cheapest vehicle even though he said it would not do the job right. So he said it is best to deal direct with the tow operator direct and then bill your insurance provider. Of course we all know that will not work well when you do not know who can do the job. He claims RV's are his biggest business.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to hear a positive review. ERS is only as good as the contract station called to give service. There are some really good people out there who still have pride in their workmanship.
Happy Trails.

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
Life is good when one receives the service we pay for in a professional manner. ๐Ÿ™‚
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado