cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Two things we notice

karead7
Explorer
Explorer
about running a campground here in central Saskatchewan, Canada.

One, people around here know how to back up. From boat trailers to fifth wheels, they can squeeze into and around anything, going backwards with a trailer. There are no pull through sites here, so I guess they've had practice.

Two, they are no different than the rest of North America when it comes to thinking that their firepit is actually a trash can. Seriously folks, put your trash in the bin, not the firepit. Please...?

www.travelwithkevinandruth.com
31 REPLIES 31

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:

Ok, I'll explain....

I COOK FOOD over my fire.

Well I can see your point then.

Who knows what happens in the fire pit when unobserved.
Others burn all kinds of toxins in the fire like treated lumber and cans coated inside with Teflon.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a campground, state park, etc. on a major holiday weekend and for the most part most of those things aren't true...most of these "seasonal" campers who show up on these weekends only do it 3 times a year and basically have no knowledge whrn it comes to setting up, towing, etc.

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
I am a dog lover and i always walk my dogs and always pick up after them. We just came back from a weekend trip to a state park here locally and the fire pit looked like someones ash tray! While we didn't use the fire pit it looked terrible.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I worked at a private RV Park for a couple of Season's. Yes there were many Slobs , just chalked it up as Job Security for Me!

We always cleaned and raked the sites as soon as they were Vacant.

The Moto was " Here's Your Hat ...What's Your Hurry"

It always amazed Me at how resourceful some Campers were at rearranging things to suit themselves!

Often the Picnic Tables got shifted from one side to the other,and would You believe that they even moved the Fire Pit several Feet from where They were dug into the ground.

All in a days work !

Having Garbage Cans at each and every site helped some with garbage ,however there were times when it seemed like even those were not big enough for a few folks. I think that they must have brought their garbage from Home.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Thats_Ok wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
Also the fire pit is not your dogs bathroom.

Still don't understand the anti-dog element...
Not the dogs fault...bears, birds, deer, racoons, skunks, squirrels, and other vermin poop in the woods...

9.8 of 10 dog people pick-up as far as I've noticed.
Why is this such a big frigging deal?

...actually never seen dog droppings in any fire pit...
Crimeny sakes ๐Ÿ˜ž

Ok, I'll explain....

I COOK FOOD over my fire. The last time I camped, a dog on a leash was allowed to PISS on my fire ring. To me that is a big frigging deal! With the attitude that anything like this is OK, you don't belong in a campground.

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Why do campgrounds/rv parks let fire pits remain filthy from one camper to the next? I thought they were supposed to be cleaned out by park staff upon customers leaving.

Ft Desoto state park in Florida is a great example of cleaning between guests. The crew is in there raking the site before you figure out how to get out of the park!...LOL Nice park.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Why do campgrounds/rv parks let fire pits remain filthy from one camper to the next? I thought they were supposed to be cleaned out by park staff upon customers leaving.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Also the fire pit is not your dogs bathroom.

Still don't understand the anti-dog element...
Not the dogs fault...bears, birds, deer, racoons, skunks, squirrels, and other vermin poop in the woods...

9.8 of 10 dog people pick-up as far as I've noticed.
Why is this such a big frigging deal?

...actually never seen dog droppings in any fire pit...
Crimeny sakes ๐Ÿ˜ž

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I find the appearance of people's rv's reflects how they keep their site. I've no doubt their homes look the same.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Someone asked Conrad Hilton what is the best wisdom that he could impart about hotel ownership. His response was "The shower curtain goes inside the tub".

There has to be a great phrase about RV park ownership... probably something dealing the guest's IQ?
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

sele
Explorer
Explorer
first use mirrors to back next the whole trash thing is just sad. Do we have so little respect for all involved from hosts to owners and employees to next guests at the site. I wonder what this says about our society?
scott

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
Nor is it your ashtray, ugh
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
I had to dig out a dozen beer cans before I could build a fire last weekend. Pigs.
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

crabbin_cabin
Explorer
Explorer
Vulcaneer wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
Also the firepit is not your dogs bathroom.

But my firepit might be, if there is no fire in it. Your firepit, might be another story.

And you wonder why some of us turn anti-dog/owners!!