cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's a fair price for this dometic fridge?

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to replace my dometic elite 2+2 fridge with a residential unit.
It's a 2014 model with wood panels. Camping world has it listed for $2800, however that model has a ice maker and mine doesn't.

So whats a fair price to ask?

12 REPLIES 12

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Jim-Linda wrote:
mowin wrote:
I never said was going to ask $1000. In fact, I never mentioned a selling price.

Also it's not difficult to hook up a TT fridge temporarily to prove it works.

If the fridge is not installed and running, it would take around 8-12 hours to cool down enough to examine.

Jim

I realize that. I will have it set up and ready to go. If someone calls, I'll suggest they come later that day or the next. Nothing to hide.

Still not sure if I'm going to make the switch, but I'd be happy with $500. If I got more, great.

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
mowin wrote:
I never said was going to ask $1000. In fact, I never mentioned a selling price.

If the fridge is not installed and running, it would take around 8-12 hours to cool down enough to examine.

Jim

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
I would be the type of buyer you are looking for because we don't want to replace our rv fridge with a residential one. If mine died and I found a 2014 used one, the first question I would ask, "Are you full time in your rig?" If the answer is no, I would pay up to $500. If the answer is yes, I would pay around $250. In either case, it is cheaper than a residential and it is what I want. If it looked in particularly pristine condition, I might go as high as $750.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Not exactly what you want to know but if I was selling it and unable to get a price of at least 1K I'd donate it to get a tax write-off of it's 2 year depreciated value.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,m with the $100,200, buck range ,your a nice guy BUT ,I trust no one.

mowin
Explorer
Explorer

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
A brand new Amish cooling unit for a RM1350 is $1,035

So IF I was looking I would pay $1000 for a replacement fridge otherwise if staying with an absorption I would just get the new cooling unit

This place has one advertised at $2895

RM1350

Be "HONEST", would YOU REALLY be "willing" to pay $1,000 for a USED RV fridge from an UNKNOWN seller and take THEIR "word" that the fridge is in good "working condition"?

I am not, and I suspect that 99.9% of the folks out "hunting" for a used RV fridge would either.

HINT, they are looking for a CHEAP RV FRIDGE, $1,000 for a used one is not "cheap".

For $1,000 I would BUY A REBUILT COOLING UNIT FIRST.. This way I KNOW the "history" of the fridge..

But even then, spending money to rebuild a fridge or even buying a used RV fridge is pretty much the same as dumping your money down the drain.

That is the reason I replaced my RV fridge with a residential fridge.. I could not justify spending $1500 on a new RV fridge or $800 on a cooling unit in a 25 yr old TT..

I wish the OP good luck on selling it at $1,000... I suspect they WILL end up placing at the curb for the garbage men before they find a willing buyer at that price.

A couple hundred is more realistic in the USED market.

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Even if I needed a new reefer I wouldn't buy at any price. I would do the same as you plan to do and install a residential unit.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
A brand new Amish cooling unit for a RM1350 is $1,035

So IF I was looking I would pay $1000 for a replacement fridge otherwise if staying with an absorption I would just get the new cooling unit

This place has one advertised at $2895

RM1350
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
mowin wrote:
stickdog wrote:
Google your model number should be on a sticker inside the fridge. I recently replaced my dm2862 delivered at a lower cost and no taxes less than any other advertised online price. The only thing was it had to be delivered to a commercial adddress.

My fridge works fine, I just want to swap it out for a residential unit. Just have know clue what's a fair price to list it at.

You are wanting an idea as to what it is worth in order for you to sell it?

Well, you are not going to get anywhere near $2800 that's for sure.

It IS USED, even if you are pulling it out of a brand new RV, nobody will consider it as new.

So, price it like it is old and someone will buy it..

My guess is you might get $150-$200 if you find a buyer, if I was in the market that IS the absolute top I would be willing to gamble..

Too many "if's" when buying a used RV fridge and pretty good chance of buying someone else's junk.

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
Google your model number should be on a sticker inside the fridge. I recently replaced my dm2862 delivered at a lower cost and no taxes less than any other advertised online price. The only thing was it had to be delivered to a commercial adddress.

My fridge works fine, I just want to swap it out for a residential unit. Just have know clue what's a fair price to list it at.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu