cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What the heck, let's go camping!

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Ever have one of those weeks when you realize you can move things around and get a 3-1/2 day weekend?

Yep! That's us. One quick trip to Drs and unless he says no, we're heading out tonight with the camper, fishing poles and canoe :B

Unplanned trip, so going to take camper to CG, set it up, and pick up supplies at nearest Walmart or wherever as we grab dinner out. It's going to be a good weekend!
12 REPLIES 12

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
DiskDoctr-glad you had such a great trip. That's the kind of trip that when my non rv friends say they just don't understand the fascination with it, all I can do is just shake my head, shrug my shoulders and think, well, YOUR LOSS!

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we're back! AWESOME weekend! By the time we dropped off and setup the camper, hit the supply store (local Walmart) and grabbed sandwiches, it was after 10pm.

But we made up for it by sleeping in til just after 9am. LOVE waking up in the CG! May sound strange, but this is the latest we've arrived at a CG. We went to local COE, so they don't take reservations.

As luck would have it, we got an electric + water site, met up with some friends we know from last year, and made lots of new friends.

This weekend involved boats, canoes, fishing, playgrounds, nature walks, Junior Ranger activities, visits to COE Dam, grand nieces visiting and staying overnight for their very first camping experience and sleepover, glowsticks, fresh corn on the cob, pancakes, hotdogs/sausages/hamburgs, lots of fellow camper visitors and invites to their sites, and....tons of other stuff :B

I don't think we could have fit all that stuff into an itinerary ๐Ÿ˜›

We were busy just about every minute, but very relaxed. Enjoyed all the company from old friends and new.

Thanks to all who wished us well and continue to camp with the same kind of attitude and friendliness that makes for pleasant and memorable experiences for all.

Yeah, I probably sound all mushy and stuff, but we just...sniff...love camping and can't wait to go again :B LOL.

If you find yourself with some extra time and wonder if you should go camping...just DO IT!

See ya'll at the CGs. We'll be the ones with all the extra chairs. Stop by and take a load off!

Tystevens
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
This is why the 5er is repacked, restocked, and propane tanks filled on return from last trip!

IMO, that is one of the best parts of owning an RV. Once the camping season is under way, everything we need is already in there. Fridge is always on and loaded with condiments and cold drinks, pantry stocked with flour, pancake mix, syrup, smores ingredients, etc., all the camping gear is in there and ready to go. "Camping clothes" (old coats, rain gear, extra stuff like that) already in the closets. I keep a list on my phone of what we need to restock after each trip, pick it up at the store during the week, and we're set to go whenever we want.

Consequently, we can be ready to go in literally under 30 minutes (and that is with 4 kids!). Throw some clean clothes in the trailer and top off the fresh water tank, hook 'er up to the Suburban, stop at the store for fresh food, and we're on our way. And we never forget the little things that never failed to make it in to the car before.

The days of hauling the tent, kitchen, sleeping bags, stocking coolers, water jugs, grills, etc., packing the vehicle, all of that ... it used to take hours to get ready to go, and we forgot half the stuff we wanted. "Oops, I forgot to grab the roasting sticks, or the matches, or the ketchup, or ...
2008 Hornet Hideout 27B
2010 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT, Z71 package, 5.3/6A/3.42
2015 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew, 2.7 Ecoboost/6A/3.55 LS

Prior TVs:
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost 3.5
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ
2005 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4 LT, 5.3/4A/4.10

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Love those kind of trips! I have an engineer bro-in-law that plans trips to the very minute. He always gets a confused look on his face when we tell him we have no itinerary, no specific destination and no time frame, just a region.

lizbard
Explorer
Explorer
I like unplanned trips. If we decide to take the RV to Shreveport when he has a doctor appointment, it is usually spur of the moment. A lot depends on weather, road construction we are aware of and construction around VA. I swear that construction seems to be ongoing. Go and have fun. Must finish cleaning out RV from the 2 month trip. DH and I don't have a meeting this weekend, so it is cleanup the vacation home.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
goducks10 wrote:
I always like doing the unplanned trips. Wife hates it:)

Too bad my wife likes as much as i do!

This is why the 5er is repacked, restocked, and propane tanks filled on return from last trip!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I always like doing the unplanned trips. Wife hates it:)

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
That is the best way to do it. ENJOY!
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. Enjoy yourselves for me, we have to stay home and do a board retreat at church. Wish I could go along with YOU.

tekman741
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing preplaned awesome have fun.
2019 4runner sr5 premium
no camper yet coming soon, other wise tent camping with boyscouts

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes... I remember those days. They were quite good! Would you believe there are even better ones?:W
RVn Full-time

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
Those turn out to be some of the best trips!
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ