cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where Can I Find a Comfy *Coil* Mattress?

Johnny_Dearborn
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a Class C motorhome with a foam mattress that I can never seem to get a good night's sleep on. I thought that maybe it was being in the coach that was the problem, but I just spent two weeks traveling across the country (from San Diego to Boston) in a big Class A with a regular queen mattress. Never slept so good.

Sadly I only have room for a short full size mattress. Everywhere I look I find plenty of foam mattresses - but that's not what I want. Not looking for a sleep number either. I just want a good old fashioned coil mattress like I have at home. Any suggestions on brand or where to find one in my size will be much appreciated.

John
---
I've been around the world, but no place compares to what I've got in my own 48 state backyard.
6 REPLIES 6

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I had my short queen custom made by the Original Mattress Factory. Took about a month, but they are made to your exact dimensions and firmness. And no more expensive than off the shelf. It just takes longer. They even sell fitted sheets for short queens.
Unfortunately, the closest store to you is in Minnesota.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

kgarrett9999
Explorer
Explorer
I had my mattress custom made at a local (Fort Worth, TX) mattress factory. They charge the same price as a regular size but build it to the size that you need. I got an RV Queen with gel top and individual pocket coils for under $500 and they had several other choices for less and of course for more $$.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
www.verlo.com
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
As said go to a mattress store and it will probably have to be ordered. Some mattress stores carry Short Queens in stock but I have never asked about short full.
Call the store first and ask. If the person you talk to sounds confused about what you want stay away from that store.
Take your measurement with you
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
We went to a local mattress store and bought ours.
cpaulsen

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
You will probably have to get one custom made to the size of Your Bed!

Our Queen size, in a Dutch Star seems to overhang the base just a tiny bit making Me think that the original mattress was an inch or two shorter.

We use the same sheets as those in Our Home so I do know that Ours is just a regular Queen.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD