cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where can I get new orange light cap/cover?

chracatoa
Explorer
Explorer
So one of the trees in the campground seem to have done some mischief. Do you know where I can find a replacement for it online? Thanks.

2011 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7L V8 (next one will be a 3/4, someday)
2012 Jayco Flight Swift 267BHS (5963lbs dry, 6850 wet)
Propride hitch (I had a Reese dual cam round bar WDH for 4 months)
13 REPLIES 13

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dog Folks wrote:
Water-Bug wrote:
The proper terminology is "amber lense". "Orange light cap" sounds like an illuminated beanie or baseball cap. ๐Ÿ™‚

Respectfully:

Is that the spelling in the UK? They often add a "e" to some words.

In the US it is spelled "lens."

If you go to NAPA, it is called the "yellow" or "amber lens" off a "clearance light" or "clearance lamp."
It is, unless you accidently hit an extra key. We're not all a typist. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Water-Bug wrote:
The proper terminology is "amber lense". "Orange light cap" sounds like an illuminated beanie or baseball cap. ๐Ÿ™‚

Respectfully:

Is that the spelling in the UK? They often add a "e" to some words.

In the US it is spelled "lens."

If you go to NAPA, it is called the "yellow" or "amber lens" off a "clearance light" or "clearance lamp."
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks, I figured that was how it was done, but it seems like some of this stuff is so fragile that it breaks by just looking at it wrong. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Just as an aside, how do you get those lenses off? I'm afraid to pry on them for fear I'll break them.

Mine have a slot on the side. Insert a screwdriver and just pops off.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
Post the number off of one, I think I've got some orange and red both you are welcome to have.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just as an aside, how do you get those lenses off? I'm afraid to pry on them for fear I'll break them.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

chracatoa
Explorer
Explorer
Water-Bug wrote:

I noticed that I didn't have the right name when I got baseball caps on every search. I guess I'm buying some Mariners caps then...

Thanks all! By the way I know the trailer is dirty. Next thing I have to do is to wash it and store it for the season ๐Ÿ˜ž
2011 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7L V8 (next one will be a 3/4, someday)
2012 Jayco Flight Swift 267BHS (5963lbs dry, 6850 wet)
Propride hitch (I had a Reese dual cam round bar WDH for 4 months)

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the larger truck stops, like Pilot, Love's, etc.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look closely at the lens for the numbers. Should have SAE number and manufacturer part number.
You should be able to get them locally. In Marysville, RV Marine supply should have them in stock.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
There is a number on the lens.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Napa should have them, maybe any truck store like Peterbuilt, Volvo, Freightliner and check your local RV store. If nothing else, go to Grote's website.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

AK49er
Explorer
Explorer
Take one of the other lens off and take it to your nearest auto parts store. Depending how old your rig is, you may want to buy a complete set as the color of the lens will fade as the years go by.