cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where have all the members gone on this forum?

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couldn't figure any other place to ask this question... I've been here since 2005. Have no idea how many posts I've done during that time. Back a several years ago I could ask a question about something and get numerous answers quickly. In the last couple of years I've noticed a very real decline in the activity on RV.NET. So, where has everybody gone? Other forums, Facebook, etc.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
124 REPLIES 124

An interesting observation in this thread:

I notice that the majority of those of us who posted here are the really long timers on this forum.

Many joined 2001 thru 2005-6. I was 2003. And of course some other long timers, just not quite as long.

Nice to see a bunch of the oldies here gather for this party!
Pass me a beer please...:B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
I will stick around, after 44 years of rving, 5 years full time, 4 of them through winters in ????. then 19 years a GS camp, owner with now 20 years snowbirding-- NEVER in the same place. I think I ve been around the block.
I read here nearly everyday, I still post occasionally when a hot button post catches my attention that Ive had experience with. I get challenged to
Members that are no longer active? Yes I miss Francesca Knowles her humor the lighter side, Randy Shanks that got me new graphics for our Carriage 5er, even
( appropriately? ) banned westernrvpark owner. His ascerbic approach to educating rvers ro the reality of camp ownership and operation was not popular amongst the gov. cheap camp crowd. He did deserve a lesson in clean language,
I thoroughly enjoy comments from wapitycountry as another camp owner who steps in with educational comments about the challenges faced in travel and business.
I have met with Ann Emerson, editor and publisher of the GS travel guide, Bob Chamness, manager of the GS travel teams and so many more movers and shakers in the outdoor hospitality industry. Yup even camping world owner Marcus.
I am another who does not fb insta, tweet,
Max

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
I stop in every so often and remember the days of 20 plus pages in the class a group. Now I find I really just look and see nothing much posted. I see the same things over and over on FB. I am the moderator of the Foretravel forum and that is still going strong but sadly this place is dying off.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Member here since January 2004, and 1291 posts.

I have watched this website every single day, without fail, since then. Not one single day has gone by where I didn't see what was happening.
Why? I don't know, I guess just curiosity and not wanting to quit something I had going.

I was looking at the tab where I had subscribed or clicked on to watch certain members. Most are now gone, very few left. I assume most of those passed on.

Yes, I've seen a lot of changes here. This website used to be a blast, very informative, good camaraderie. Things have changed, for sure, as everything does with the passing of time.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
It might have something to do with having moderators that simply delete posts without having the courtesy to inform the member why the post was deleted. Perhaps because it's moderation by personal opinion of the moderator and not moderation by the forum rules? I bet this will soon magically disappear.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I try to be helpful. On one of my earliest posts, I wished the OP "good luck". He took GREAT offence.

Facebook is full of iffy advice.

As of today 36,952 posts.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
We are still here. We donโ€™t comment on most post since we feel there are a bunch of people that can offer expert advice.

The wife has a You Tube account. It used to be living the rv loca life. She just changed it to Yellowstone homestead. No we did not moved to Wyoming. We purchased a 10 acre lot in Dunnellon, Florida.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Another member since 2002. On my third RV with a liveaboard boat in between, widowed once and remarried. Iโ€™m one of those who doesnโ€™t Facebook or other social media, but still learn stuff from this board.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
I still on, been here since 2002, over 20 years. ๐Ÿ™‚

During that time, have owned 4 different RVs, and learned soooo much from this forum and all the life experiences I've gone through.

Have seen and been through a lot during that time, too - been divorced once, widowed once, now, third times the charm, happily married to the right one should've married all along. Have moved 4 times during all of that chaos.

Through all of it, though, have always owned an RV of some kind - first two were trailers, last two (including present) are Class A motorhomes. Have always enjoyed camping/RVing no matter how crazy rest of life got. There were many times that owning an RV proved very useful (a lifesaver!) in getting through some of the tough times.

Yes, a lot of members have disappeared, for various reasons. I think that just goes with the territory, with online forums like this.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
chevman still reading every day but because we are done rving I don't feel my thinking is necessary now. chevman. DON'T FROWN BECAUSE IT IS OVER BUT SMILE BECAUSE IT HAPPENED. this was told by a lady on rv.net years ago. chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
I joined both here and on IRV2 at the same time; used to be active on both. Then a few years ago, there was a poster on IRV2 that was insisting on installing a portable generator in the onboard gen compartment in her old RV, along with multiple other mods that were, IMO, mickey-mouse and potentially dangerous. Won't go into details, but the way she wanted to do things was not a good idea, and I told her so. She got mad at me, reported me, and got me banned for a few weeks. Sadly, when I got a notification of the temporary ban, it was through my phone app, and it wasn't clear if the ban was temp, or for how long, and since I was banned, I couldn't login to see the actual notification. After awhile, not knowing how long/why I was banned, I signed up with a new account. The mods realized it (same IP address, I guess), and banned me for life because of my "transgression" of trying to re-join.

Ironically, the original person that I was trying to help posted about 6 months later that her RV caught fire (in the generator compartment) while driving down the road, and she not only lost the entire RV, but lost 2 of her 3 dogs in the fire as well.

Yet I am still banned :S. So while I still go there to read the posts, I cannot participate. You guys are stuck with me here instead!
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Part of the issue is some one new posts and it turns into a 12 page argument, seems like people canโ€™t agree to disagree anymore. Facebook, other forums and grumpy old men would be my answer.

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Been on since 2004, had a couple of name glitches so can't say how many posts. I still use this forum quite a bit, but (although I don't have an RV anymore) I find that brand specific forums (fora?) can be a bit more on point.

I also use FB for more of my basic research stuff. I'll make my own analysis (for example) of what my 3/4 ton truck can haul, but part of that analysis will involve fairly generic questions ("what sort of auxiliary fuel tank works in a 2009 Chevy?"), it's often easier to do a quick search on FB than this forum.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still here since Feb of 2004, check in just about everyday, used to try to post something helpful, or maybe try to correct some info given in error by someone. But over the years, seems my thoughts are not needed as others have jumped in before me and I don't feel the need to confirm someone's post just to get another of my posts seen. So just because you don't see a post doesn't mean we are not out here lurking!!
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Your probably right. Probably getting into that tens of thousands now. The Facebook user groups are very active. Dozens of new owners every day, all with lots of questions. Not all are buying teardrops but most are. But the Ford and Rivian new owners are starting to show up as well. But again, all on individual brand tow groups. I doubt any will ever set foot here, although the toxicity of these old RV boards does get mentioned from time to time.
I'll have to take your word for it, but I'll remain skeptical until I actually see some "in the wild", so to speak.
I may NOT tow as much as some here, BUT I do travel A LOT for work ( up and down the East Coast weekly from New England to Charlotte ) and I can honestly say, I have not seen 1 EV towing.. ever...Not even a small utility trailer... :h
I saw my 1st one a few months ago in Childress Tx. He was pulled in sideways blocking about 4 charge stations.

A Tesla pulling a cute lil retro Shasta
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857