cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

where or how to find an overnite stay

mussfly55
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning a trip for this summer and my ? is on a place that is cheap to stay for one night. which the location is between colter bay in the Teton's and glacier campground near glacier np. I have found the total mileage to be about 550 mile between points which I feel is to much distance for one day of driving my class c with a toad.
could there be a better campground near glacier I could plan to stay a few days that would have elec. and water hookups and I am a senior and wondering how many days would be a good stay there before I travel to my next location traveling west from there.
in glacier np the road to the sun takes about what time to be done in my toad?
25 REPLIES 25

mussfly55
Explorer
Explorer
I hope to be at clacier np on labor day weekend and was wondering if things would be this time of the year in the park. cause I was thinking sense kids are back in school it my not be as busy.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
Are there any rumors about anything coming out to replace MS S&T?? DeLorme is bad, and difficult to use.

If you're looking for a dedicated mapping application for a laptop or desktop, I'm skeptical. I highly doubt we'll see much growth here. The Smart Phone and Mapquest, Bing, Google Maps have dominated everything in this market.

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
Townsend/Canyon Ferry Lake KOA is just about halfway between Colter Bay Campground and Glacier Campground. It is a well run place and would be a comfortable stopover.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

grandma_lynn
Explorer
Explorer
freecampgrounds.com Shoot I couldn't get it to be a clicky. We have stayed in a few of these places, some of them are really pretty decent.
full-timer in training

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
When I look for a campground while traveling from place to place I always use RV Parks Review.com. After looking over my paper map and identifying potential towns along the way I go to RV Parks Review.com for the specific state and then search for the towns. Hopefully there will be some listed for the area I'm searching. The sites gives you a phone number and/or website for specific campgrounds.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any rumors about anything coming out to replace MS S&T?? DeLorme is bad, and difficult to use.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
If you go up I-90, at Deer Lodge MT there is the I-90 truck stop. You can boondock there if you don't want an RV Park. Also adjacent to the truck stop is Indian Creek RV Park. Nice park, nightly rate is $30 with discount for 30 amp.
Going to the Sun Road would be better to take 2 days. Go up West Glacier to summit. May not be parking spots open at summit. Stop at restroom on way up. It took us 2 hours. Weekends are very crowded and some construction going on. Day 2, drive to East Glacier entrance and go up to summit. That will also take about 2-3 hours depending on how many stops you make. Don't miss Isaak Walton Inn in Essex MT.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
After we do the GOOGLE maps or Microsoft Streets and Trips (as RoyB does), we also zoom in on the address in Google Earth. Also, we'll just go to Google and put in "RV parks, xxx city, state, USA" and go from there. ๐Ÿ™‚ Change RV parks to Camping and you get tons of info off Google. (my best friend is Google)
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use GOOGLE MAP to plan out my trips. I enter RV CAMPGROUNDs or PARKs in the Search form and this displays all of the RV places with some reviews along the route. Mouse click on the one that catches your eye...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
This site is the best I've found for finding Public CGs. There are several USFS CGs on 83 near Seeley Lake that I've used and with the old farts pass are less than $10.
I would figure on 6+ hours to go to the top of Going to the Sun if you stop a most of the scenic pullouts and 90 minutes to get back down if traffic is moving well. In recent years it has not been open until late June because of heavy snow.
Without knowing what you like to do and how long your trip is it's hard to say how many days... 2-3 minimum.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you use the trip planner on Good Sam you can search campgrounds on your route.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013