cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who's camping this weekend?

surgtech56
Explorer
Explorer
We're heading out tomorrow for Rifle River State Recreation in Midland for 4 nights. Suppose to be on the cool side - high of 55/60 tomorrow. Got the sweats/sweatshirts all packed up. On the menu is BLTs, Hot Dogs, Chicken - probably fried and Pizza Casserole. I think we'll get in one last camping trip next month.
49 REPLIES 49

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
We will be going at leasr rwice before Halloween. Hwever it has been down to just above freezing the odd night. We could have snow by the end of october. In that case our Paddington will be washed, cleaned up and put into hibernation until spring.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
We will be heading up to Lake Benbrook near FtWorth staying at the CoE Holiday park thursday thru monday.

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
I WAS camping, and now I'm not. We were supposed to go last week but had to postpone until yesterday. We went an hr away to a nice county CG. Weather was great, but cool (perfect), fishing was fantastic, (4 huge crappies).

Then our weim got an ear infection that needed treatment. I had DH bring us home and sent him back up to camp and fish. No need to ruin both our camping fun. Oh well, I got to camp 1 night. It was wonderful.

It's been tough to get out this yr, and the season is almost over. UGH!!! I know I'm whining, but you understand.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Got back from a weekend at Straits State Park in Saint Ignace. Saturday, the dog and I drove up North to see the locks during the rainy morning, and then went over the Mac Island for the afternoon.

Arrived 9pm-ish on Friday night to an almost empty campground, found a nice pull-through spot with no neighbors, it was great.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
Went to a local campground about 45 minutes away for a normal weekend of camping with family and friends. Next trip is Thursday thru Sunday at Knoxville Raceway for a long weekend of racing! Another weekend after next filled with racing and then most likely we are done. I'll be busy in the fields making a living by then.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
We head out on Oct.1 for the central Oregon Cascades for a week than over to the coast for a week. No more trips until Feb. than over to the Oregon coast.
J herb

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
Camped Thursday night in Lowe's parking lot. Got up at midnight, after sleeping for 2 1/2 hours, to go stand/wait in line for the new iPhone 5s. (My son's think I have lost my mind!)
Left Friday morning, after getting my iPhone, to go to the NC State Fairgrounds for the rest of the weekend. Went to the Greek Festival at the Fairgrounds on Saturday night for some great Greek food. This is an annual trek for us.
Great weekend! :B
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
08 Honda CRV EXL with Blue OX and US Gear Braking System
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon
I Never Look Back, I'm Not Going That Way!

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Camping at my son's place
Bob

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
Bluegrass Festival Gloucester Thousand Trails CG...great music, lovely weather (except it's rain overnight).

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're parked in the same spot April through September, large treed lot next to the lake. I haven't missed one weekend. I'm as anxious to go this weekend as I was in April!

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
Our last hurrah is coming up on the 20th thru 22nd.... Going to hit one of our state parks for a weekend and then she'll be mothballed 'till next season. Hate to see it come to an end already!
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, that's what I told my boss--"You're forcing me to go camping and roast marshmallows and breathe in clean mountain air!" Fortunately, he has a sense of humor.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

Explorer II
Explorer II
Chock Full o' Nuts wrote:
I've got some vacation time burning a hole in my pocket and it's gotta be used by Sept 30. :B
That's where I am, use it or loose it.
They are making me go camping ๐Ÿ™‚
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
We're going out on tomorrow for a few days. Haven't been in 3 weeks. It's time for fall walleye! We've been so busy, can't wait to relax a bit. Temps will be in the mid 60's...perfect weather!
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Chomping at the bit to go. I've gotta stay here this weekend to prepare for a business trip to Savannah next week. But I'll be back Friday night and we're pulling out Saturday morning for 5 days in the North Georgia mountains. I've got some vacation time burning a hole in my pocket and it's gotta be used by Sept 30. :B
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!