cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why so close? (CG site assignments)

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
It keeps happening: a near empty CG but when you get your site, you're cheek and jowl. Where we are now...a great CG: there are really only 3 rigs and the CG has MANY sites open...all in a row. Yet all 3 of us are next to each other..as in awnings almost touching. Luckily, the neighbors are all great, but it is puzzling since they could have spaced us 2 or even 5 sites separated. Yeah, I could have complained and demanded to be moved but I'm a nice guy and we were already committed..sort of..and will only be here 2 nights. I know that a critic will launch on that.

Not just here...seems to happen a lot...at least to us. Maybe CG owners will read this. And, before someone asks, I mentioned it on rvparkreviews.com.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
24 REPLIES 24

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
Sometimes I think it's the software that some of them use and the office people don't even think about it. Before you start setting up, see if you can move.

Bill

One large campground we go to has it where their software starts filling sites on one side of the campground and works its way to the higher numbers. It will let you pick from 10 sites in each section till filled. But will allow you to pick any number if you want a specific site.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Easier for the camp police to keep an eye on everyone....:E....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes I think it's the software that some of them use and the office people don't even think about it. Before you start setting up, see if you can move.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Go to the office and strike up a conversation and ask why when the park is empty do they group the people next to each other. I'll bet they have a reason for why it's that way although you might not agree with it. ๐Ÿ™‚
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
'Herding'
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
We've seen this happen in Quartzsite......:) No sites assigned, park where you want and BOOM, someone parks right up close and personal. I call them "apartment dwellers".....they're so used to having people close by they are afraid to spread out......:( sad, isn't it.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only thing I could think of is doing maintenance or yard work in the other part of the campground.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
We are quiet folks and regardless of how nice folks are we DO NOT like having campers close to us. This is a question best asked by the campground folks.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's been proven that when few people are around, they tend to "group" together. It's a natural reaction.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some CGs do this, others seem to try to space everyone out. Perhaps in your case, a group is expected in tomorrow who asked for sites in a row together. (You never know!)
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375