cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Two things that keep coming to mind in my camping years.

1. Why do they continue to put the outside shower on the back side of the camper? Most folks use it to wash off their feet. Then we have to walk back around to the other side to go inside and we get our wet feet dirty.

2. Who designs the waste tank setups? 42 gallons for black water? Really? But only 42 gallons of grey water? Not to mention our toy hauler holds 110 gallons of freshwater. Where do they think we use the other 26 gallons? Watering the grass?
27 REPLIES 27

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Last thing I want is an outside shower next to the entrance or in our 'patio' space; behind the trailer is where it belongs in my opinion.

ThomasFour
Explorer
Explorer
Good questions. I also wonder why my outside shower has a flimsy plastic door that requires a key. Really?? I leave the key in it all the time so I can get it open, but of course that key also opens the other outside compartments which actually have stuff in them worth stealing. Now that I leave the key in the plastic door, I still have to yell "can someone inside turn on the water pump so I give the dogs water? ๐Ÿ™‚

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is perfect on the side of the bathroom.
DH uses it to help him clean his fish in the dishpan and rinse them clean to bag them. We also use it to rinse the dog's feet (but the door is only a few feet at the rear as it's a TC).
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I like having mine on the dump station side. Even though I wear gloves when I dump, I still like to be able to wash my hands before I come back in the rig. And I don't want the puddle of dirty water by the entrance side.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
I would want a spigot more than a shower. Just to rinse my hands once in a while.
And for filling the dog's water bowl. I currently use the fresh water tank drain valve for that but it's a bit unhandy reaching under the trailer.

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
WHY! Don't you move it to where you want it. On the dirty foot thing, Why not take a pair of shower shoes to slip into after washing off the dirt.
jwmII

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is on the drivers side toward the front so the water runs toward the neighbors party side. ๐Ÿ™‚

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
I would want a spigot more than a shower. Just to rinse my hands once in a while.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
They put the outside shower where the bathroom is. that is to save space, and piping. Some TTs have showers on the end, because that is where the bathroom is.
We hook up a hose outside the door to rinse our feet off before we go into the TT. The awning matt prevents a puddle
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
The other 26 gallons is for that outside shower. My Outback, has a camp kitchen with the option to attach any kind os sprayer to use as an outside shower. I think it just depends on the camper model.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
1. wear sandals
2. they have to compromise on space vs. functionality.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
1). I don't want a puddle by my door.
2). I don't think the engineers can guess how much fluids I need to dispose of. Some weekends we go through a lot of kids and adult beverages.

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
If you are dry camping then you need to drink a lot of water. Plus cleaning all those dirty feet should use up the extra water. ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab