Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago Buys Chris-Craft

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Click

I'm expecting a line of luxury house boats to come out of this.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox
20 REPLIES 20

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
westend wrote:
drsteve wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za63ltkMGGE

Yeah, I'd take a short trip in that if I had a good life jacket and was next to an open window. That thing looks unstable as heck.
Your braver then I. I'll stick to my pontoon boat for lake travel and the RV for land use.:B

Did you watch the vid? They claim it is not topheavy at all, they have a pontoon system that allows the slide to be deployed, and they are designing a floating trailer so you can take your toad along.

Must have good rustproofing underneath and I suppose the genny is in a watertight compartment. Are the wheel bearings waterproof?
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
westend wrote:
drsteve wrote:

Yeah, I'd take a short trip in that if I had a good life jacket and was next to an open window. That thing looks unstable as heck.
Your braver then I. I'll stick to my pontoon boat for lake travel and the RV for land use.:B

Did you watch the vid? They claim it is not topheavy at all, they have a pontoon system that allows the slide to be deployed, and they are designing a floating trailer so you can take your toad along.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
This sort of thing is always a disaster. The bean counters who came up with this idea will figure out a way to lower the quality of both products. Then during the next economic crash. ( and there is always going to be the another economic crash) Or the crash after that. Some foreign country will swoop in and buy the whole thing up cheaply.

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
Thor bought Airstream so there is a parallel to economy buying quality.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
jplante4 wrote:
Click

I'm expecting a line of luxury house boats to come out of this.

I'd expect more like a line of shoddily assembled garbage akin to a Winnebago towable. These bozos love to get an established name by buying it or licensing it, with a solid reputation to then brand junk with. Did you ever see the junk on TV now being hawked under the Bell and Howell brand name, or buy much "Coleman" stuff lately lol?
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
westend wrote:
drsteve wrote:

westend
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

blt2ski
Some of you should look at the french company, "Group Beneteau"

Multiple lines of boats, an electric car manufacture, RV's etc. Some just in France, but other lines built and manufactured all over the globe. Recently bought 2-4 motor boat brand manufactures here in NA.

I can see how this happened.

As far as Bayliner goes, they are pretty well non existent these days.

marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mich F wrote:
Maybe the just want to get some ideas on how to build an RV that doesn't leak.

They all leak, but the big difference is that water will leak OUT of an RV.....

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I always wanted a old Chris-Craft wooden runabout, restored. Just seem to exude class.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
colliehauler wrote:
Chris-Craft was a quality boat, I hope they don't lower the quality to compete with Bayliner.

Bayliners are great boats.....

I heard theyโ€™re going to put glass bottoms in all the new models......

That way you can look at all the older models.........

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Chris-Craft was a quality boat, I hope they don't lower the quality to compete with Bayliner.

Sue_N_Diz
Explorer
Explorer
De ja veux or karma - can't decide which! I was raised on a Chris-Craft cabin cruiser on the Mississippi and now own a Winnebago. LOL