cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Worst/Best RV products you have found

arnko37
Explorer
Explorer
Some products are much better than expected and some a big disappointment. Please post some of yours findings. One of my favorites is my Alpenlite 5th wheel. they are built in Washington and are rare in the eastern U.S. Very good quality and 100 gal fresh water capacity and 100 gal gray water. One of that bad things I found are RV manufacturers, mainly 5th wheels that send new rigs out the door with inadequate tires. Blowouts seem very common. Thanks
48 REPLIES 48

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of these and I would call it a good deal. You do need to get the water good and hot for it to work though.

http://www.amazon.com/Removable-Accu-Level-Propane-Gauge-Magnetic/dp/B0010P3OU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q...
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Stupid tape type guages for propane tanks. What a waste!

I am back to when the stove does not work I am out of gas. Go outside & change tanks. Refill empty at soonest convenience.

Geeez wish I had thought of that:S

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
BoonHauler wrote:
Desert Captain wrote:

The Harbor Freight Splitter and the 4# hammer that drives it. Makes firewood out of large hunks/rounds that others discard. Both for about $20.
:C

Do you have a link for this? I'd love to see what it looks like.

Splitting wedge

4# drilling hammer
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Headlamps. The flashlights that strap to your forehead so your hands are free. They are particularly useful at night while walking the dogs: lets you see your "target" to pick up, so one hand holds the blue bag and the other hand hangs onto the leash.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
Okie in Wyoming wrote:
Oops! I forgot our 2 Yamaha 2000 generators!!! We love them!

X2...go blue!
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
Oops! I forgot our 2 Yamaha 2000 generators!!! We love them!
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
suprz wrote:
The one thing I have and love is a 45 degree elbow, with a built in shut off. When I hook up my water line, from the spigot, there is the water pressure regulator, then the hose, then the water filter, then the 45 degree fitting with the shut off. So when we leave the camper for any amount of time, I shut off the water at the spigot, and put the valve on the fitting in the closed position. I did this because on a camping trip I saw a camper that got flooded because of a water pipe burst inside the camper, and the owner swore he turned the water off before he left. So I figured that if kids, or anyone else wanted to play a trick and turn my water on when I wasnt around, the extra shut off would not allow any water to go in the camper. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it was only 2.00 at lowes garden center. And it looks like a regular 45 degree fitting, so it is stealthy

Not a bad idea. As long as you have the 90 anyway might as well include a shut off.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
The one thing I have and love is a 45 degree elbow, with a built in shut off. When I hook up my water line, from the spigot, there is the water pressure regulator, then the hose, then the water filter, then the 45 degree fitting with the shut off. So when we leave the camper for any amount of time, I shut off the water at the spigot, and put the valve on the fitting in the closed position. I did this because on a camping trip I saw a camper that got flooded because of a water pipe burst inside the camper, and the owner swore he turned the water off before he left. So I figured that if kids, or anyone else wanted to play a trick and turn my water on when I wasnt around, the extra shut off would not allow any water to go in the camper. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it was only 2.00 at lowes garden center. And it looks like a regular 45 degree fitting, so it is stealthy
Proud father of a US Marine

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
arnko37 wrote:
Some products are much better than expected and some a big disappointment.

Please post some of yours findings.

One of my favorites is my Alpenlite 5th wheel. they are built in Washington and are rare in the eastern U.S. Very good quality and 100 gal fresh water capacity and 100 gal gray water.

One of that bad things I found are RV manufacturers, mainly 5th wheels that send new rigs out the door with inadequate tires. Blowouts seem very common. Thanks

Hmmmm ... pretty "generic, blanket" likes and dislikes.

Unfortunately, your favorite went out of business in April,'08..:(

The bad things you found = genuine shocking revelation, LOL!

~

OK - you asked about the *BEST* RV products you have found.

Here's 315 pages, approx *THREE THOUSAND* posts, almost 8 years worth of things folks found they like -

thread - "Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products, & Gizmos"..:C

Maybe this thread should be limited to the worst products you have found?..:h

~

Maybe not! It is good to have a fresh look at things, and I like the idea of good and bad together. By your own description...an 8 year and 3,000 post long thread gets pretty unwieldy. I encourage others to continue posting their bests and worsts to this thread.

".... and *I* like the idea of......"

Unwieldy or continued success?

Quantity = lots more info AND relevant as it continues to get a regular dose of "fresh".

One poster recently added a link for one-hundred ideas. Some were good, some not so good.

However, what's "bad" for someone might rate "outstanding" for someone else.
An example is the poster's wife on another thread that doesn't want the "been there" US map of states visited on the door.
He thinks it's great - she thinks they're "tacky".

Guess they both should post to *this* thread, ROTFL.

Of course a novel (classy) approach would be to "encourage others" to read & post to both threads.

Who knows - if it doesn't fade away, like so many others - maybe this thread will last as long...;)

wbrown62
Explorer
Explorer
garry owen wrote:
skipro3 wrote:
It probably goes without saying, but the Weber Q100 is the best little grill I've ever taken camping;

๐Ÿ™‚ X-3

X4.......although I have the 200. I like the larger size.
2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
3.0charlie wrote:
^ As in Yamaha FJ1200 rider? I own an '86...
Yep, mine is also an '86 bought new in 1986. I worked at the Yamaha shop at the time and put the thing together when it came in, put the battery and gas in it, and the boss said "Somebody has to take this for a test ride" and threw me the key. He knew I'd been lusting after them since the FJ1100 came out. One ride and I was sold.

I've had a lot of bikes, but that one is just special. Never could bring myself to sell it. It hasn't been ridden much in the last 10 years, since I bought a '99 VFR Interceptor, so it only has about 60,000 miles on it. Always stored inside so it still looks great.

This was taken a couple years ago.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
06Fargo wrote:
Triumph Tiger in the TH garage.

Verizon JetPack.

Anderson trailer levelers.

Not so good:

RV heating systems must be invented by deaf people.
I like the RV heating invented by deaf people. I could say the same thing about the junk stereos they put in RV's.

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
06Fargo wrote:

Verizon JetPack.!!!!!! must work everywhere as Ours has so far. Larry

Not so good:

Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III

Verizon JetPack.

Not so good: