cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ZZZZZZZZ...every time!!

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
So we are fortunate enough to keep our TT in our backyard and every single time I go out there to work on it I end up turning the TV on and falling asleep.

Eventually the wife will come out and ask what I am doing.....and just shake her head ๐Ÿ˜‰

Is it just me or is your camper secretly turning you into Rip Van Winkle also?
New to the RV world and loving every minute of it.
2015 Nissan Frontier 4x4 6 cyl
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22
29 REPLIES 29

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
We just recently purchased ours and was only able to take it once before winterizing.

The anticipation of taking it out in the spring is killing me...being in the backyard kinda helps.
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Exactly what I did when we had our fifth wheel and Motorhome, at our last home.
went in to clean or whatever and turned on tv and got something out of the fridge and plopped on the sofa.
Kinda like RVing but not leaving the yard. ๐Ÿ™‚

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
Ohh...haven't been out there during rain hmm
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Geez, here I thought I was the only one who spends time in the mh parked next to my house. My DW must think the things falling apart as I'm always out there "fixing" something. I love the sound of the rain on the roof of the mh, it's very relaxing.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with a lot of the comments. We moved just far enough South this Summer that I'm leaving my slide in camper on this Winter parked under the carport. It feels good seeing it almost ready to go everyday when I go in my shop instead of in storage with snow drifts in the way. I admit I have crawled up in a few times since it's last trip just to relax. No winter trips planned yet, but I fell a trip coming in January/February time frame.

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet! Has to be what Heaven is like.
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Some of y'all are really unfortunate. My wife checks my beer supply every morning and restocks as needed. I'm lucky to have mine in the back yard. Haven't had to use it YET, but it will make a very nice dog house if needed.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
MNGeeks61 wrote:
When we go up "nort" to the camper, my wife always finds herself falling asleep in the rocker recliner. I have, on occasion, done the same and marveled that I didn't drop my beer.

I find myself sitting around the fire with friends sipping root beer schnapps๐Ÿ™‚

In the fall/early winter it is so quiet you can hear chipmunk feet or even the rustle of leaves. It is one of my favorite times of year - at least before the snow flies and the temperature falls.
I tried that last year, first time i've ever heard of it. Be aware that sipping too much of it can have a strange effect on your vision & speech. :B ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a man, but when I am at the S&B and go into my van to mess with something, I do have such a feeling of cosiness. I can see how y'all could fall right asleep.

My cat likes the van, too. He's the one who naps in it every day. Maybe because he is a guy!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
mine is parked about 10 minutes away so i just go over there and putter 4 or 5 times aweek love my 5er

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
When we go up "nort" to the camper, my wife always finds herself falling asleep in the rocker recliner. I have, on occasion, done the same and marveled that I didn't drop my beer.

I find myself sitting around the fire with friends sipping root beer schnapps ๐Ÿ™‚

In the fall/early winter it is so quiet you can hear chipmunk feet or even the rustle of leaves. It is one of my favorite times of year - at least before the snow flies and the temperature falls.

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
The wife bought me a Yeti can koozie...she says it will keep my beer cold for hours. Umm...a beer usually lasts me about 5-6 minutes. God love 'er.

Yeah, I feel your pain...she makes me keep my beer in a cooler.
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not if she's anything like mine, I have to use a cooler for the drinks, as a 30 pak takes up way to much space in the fridge. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

willi4nd
Explorer
Explorer
A beer...hmmm.

Wonder if the wife would let me turn the Norcold into a kegerator ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Trail Runner SLE 22