cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is our Dometic Refrigerator Ruined

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Dometic RM 2852 2-way refrigerator in our 2008 Bigfoot camper and after trips the wife shuts it off and props the doors open with the little blue taps that came with the unit. Although this last time she forgot to turn off the refrigerator and left it on AC power as we always plug the camper into the house power. I noticed it was on a week later and wonder if this would ruin anything on the refrigerator. I have not had a chance to turn it back on to see if it cools because we are out of town but I am wondering if when we go to use it will it work. Thanks for the replys in advance.
Happy TC'N,
David

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
But did you have your door open 24 hours a day? If it was on electric the meter was spinning!

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
deadticket8 wrote:
Your power company loves you!

Wow......what to say..........? I notice a $10.00 difference,a month,in the summer,when I leave my fridge on 110, works out to roughly $0.33 per day.....thirty three cents.......how does the power company notice,love them?:h.....:h....:S
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
Your power company loves you!

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
So,I am confused,as your question is not completly clear to me....
So......running it for a week or two,is no issue.....I usually start mine in may......run till nov.

If you left door open, then more frost will form.

If you left it running,off level for just a week, no issues....a month, 3 months,diff story maybe.

Fridges......are made to be run.....period.....
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
When in Az in 100+ temps I doubt if that thing ever shuts off because it can't keep up. Temp rises all day, cools down overnight and starts rising again with daylight. Still working well. no moving parts. The only thing I would worry about if it was off level. If so all you (she) did was waste electricity or propane.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
That should not damage it, Mine has been on contously for the better part of four years (We turn it off from time to time to defrost) many full timers on the forums all run theirs 4-6 months at a time between defrost times.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
CAREFUL OUT THERE!

We done got us a "Bob Barker"

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
lfeather wrote:
If it was level, there shouldn't be any problems...

Ding, ding, ding.....winning answer
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
If it was level, there shouldn't be any problems...
Larry, Debbie & Max the Pug
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual transmission

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I did the same thing to our last fridge and no harm was done. All it's doing is running constantly - something it would do anyway if it was in very hot weather.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
No worries, no harm done.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

liveneasy
Explorer
Explorer
With the exception of three months last winter... my fridge has been running 24/7 since May of '05. Granted most of the time the doors have been closed but if I'd have to guess, and that's all any of us can really do, I'd think the worst problem you might encounter is maybe some water damage to your floors from condensation... depending on how 'open' your doors were. It's for sure that your heating element is getting a pretty good workout and your electric bill is going to take a 'hit' but I highly doubt you will see any actual damage to the fridge.
Greg
'96 Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP/'03 4wd tracker
Datastorm F1/D2/7000/on SatMx5
See where I am today

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't sweat it -- most of the fridge has no moving parts except for that fan, and if it is level, then it probably ran a bit more than it would normally. No harm, no foul is what I'd say with what I know.

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
not much different then having the doors closed, and the ac off in high temps. It ran 100% for 200 hours..
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614