cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jordan Ultima Cable

shenandoah75
Explorer
Explorer
Well after 14+ years, cable broke. Any chance any body has a spare they procured before Jordan went under or Camco stupidly failed to continue production/parts?

thx
-brad
05' Suburban K2500 8.1L w/ 4.10s
2012 Jayco 32TSBH
8 REPLIES 8

Bessie-Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my Jordan, I thought that a cable push rod for R/C airplanes would make a good replacement if I needed one. Might be worth a try?

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I think I have the same problem... It works fine with the manual button but not with the peddle. The truck has been in storage all year at Pueblo but i'm going to get it in a couple of weeks and I will see if I can fix it . I wouldn't think it would be very hard to find that cable and replace it . Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to reproduce the cable from supplies available at McMaster-Carr.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I would look at a motorcycle shop to see what they have for cable repair.
-- Chris Bryant

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess I should have looked up what the Jordan Ultima was before making a suggestion. I was imagining it was a shore power cable of some sort you were talking about...though strangely the question and advice were not too far off.

It looks, from pictures online, that the cable from the brake pedal to the controller (which I think may be what you're talking about) is basically just a fairly standard wire rope or aircraft cable of relatively small size. The tricky part of replacing it may be getting an appropriate fitting for the controller side of things.

(If it's the electrical harness you're talking about, then just splice in some new wires and call it a day.)

shenandoah75
Explorer
Explorer
Drew, cable itself - it frayed and split inside the unit. though i guess similar thinking applies. I may have enough lead on the remaining cable anyway. Will take it apart this weekend.

Dalo, Ultima was a brake controller made by Jordan Research years back before the big three introduced integrated controllers
05' Suburban K2500 8.1L w/ 4.10s
2012 Jayco 32TSBH

Dalo
Explorer
Explorer
What is a Jordan Ultima Cable?
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 with 5.9L Cummins, K&N air filter, Magnaflow exhaust and Hypertech power programmer
2003 Alumascape 26' travel trailer

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it the cable that broke, or just a connector on one end? If it's a connector, you can cut it off and attach a new one and have a perfectly good cable that's a few inches shorter.