cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Awning Fabric

LaunchnRetrieve
Explorer
Explorer
Called Camping World for an estimate on replacing awning fabric.
Was given two options: original Sunchaser or Universal. Parts man says the universal is a better fabric.

With a 25 dollar joining fee for Good Sam the universal option (in stock) comes out to about 550 and the original (not in stock) comes out to about 650.

Any comments? Thoughts? Warnings?
10 REPLIES 10

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
shadepro is a great place to deal with!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Denny___Jami
Explorer
Explorer
We bought new Carefree of Colorado awning material for our A&E from PPL, fit great and it's better material.

Denny
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 gears Air Lifts
2003 HitchHiker Premier 35FKTG 215/75/17.5 Goodyear G114 Tires

Swampman597
Explorer
Explorer
Padlin; I like the Tough Top awning and their service was great.
2014 Chevy 2500 Duramax, short bed, 4WD
2004 Keystone Laredo 27RL
Escapees member

ronfisherman
You may want to checkout Shade Pro. Great place to buy awning and topper replacement fabric.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
RJsfishin wrote:
All I know is I have what appears to be a "cloth" material now.
All my others had what appeared to be a "vinyl" material, which I liked a lot better, and I believe is cheaper.

Got to agree with you, my 06 Starcraft had a heavy vinyl, easy to clean and held up well. The fabric on the new trailer is not even close to as heavy, both Carefree's. The new one is stained already and won't come clean.

Swampman, how do you like the Tough Top?
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Swampman597
Explorer
Explorer
We just replaced ours with Tough Top Awnings fabric and it was a breeze. There are lots of detailed youtube videos and others showing how to replace it. We also replaced the slide-out topper and just as easy.

Compared to the original one, its a big improvement.
2014 Chevy 2500 Duramax, short bed, 4WD
2004 Keystone Laredo 27RL
Escapees member

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
All I know is I have what appears to be a "cloth" material now.
All my others had what appeared to be a "vinyl" material, which I liked a lot better, and I believe is cheaper.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

LaunchnRetrieve
Explorer
Explorer
srt20 wrote:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27703735.cfm

Her ya go.

Thanks for the link and the idea. I'll check it out.

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27703735.cfm

Her ya go.

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
I bought fabric from place in Elkhart, IN. I can't recall exact price, but I'm sure it was under $300. Installed it myself self, with help from 2 buds. Easy to do, just awkward.

Try a search on here, I might have posted questions on it and got name of place from here. I'm on phone so I'm not going to search and get you a link.