cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progressive Industries Install

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to install a Progressive Industries EMSHW30C in my class c. However there's no room under the bed where the wire is located to do a proper install to mount the unit to the floor or bed platform wall.
However, have plenty of room in the compartment where the wire feeds thru a bulkhead where it's stored and than down thru the "mousehole" when in use.
I can cut the wire near the bulkhead and than attach the unit to the bulkhead wall.
Have any of you installed the unit in a storage compartment rather than inside the rv? No info in the instructions, but the location where I want to mount it is waterproof/weatherproof.
Grumpy
9 REPLIES 9

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Installed my HW50C in the storage compartment without cutting any wires which makes it easy to move to the next rig. Could also bypass it entirely should that ever be necessary. In 2 rigs since 04 it was more involved to route the remote wire than connect the power wires.

BTW If you need a longer remote wire it's the common DATA type and not the standard telephone type.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dusty R wrote:
I removed the old converter charger from inside the panel and put the new one in it's place.

Dusty

He isn't replacing the converter/charger, he is adding an EMS (Energy Management System), that a lot of folks just call a surge protector.

I also hard wired the built in HW30C using twist lock 30 amp plug/sockets. As added insurance to keep them from twisting loose and coming unplugged (I am a belt and suspenders kind of guy), I put a zip tie around each wire just above the plug/socket, then used another zip tie to lock the separate zip ties together.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has the remote read out display. Will run the wire inside and mount the display near the circuit breaker/fuse panel.
Grumpy

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Are you going to want to see the lights during use?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
Bob, I do like the idea of plugs for removal if necessary. Now I have to put off the install while I source the plugs from Lowe's, Thanks for the idea.
Grumpy

Bob_Landry
Explorer
Explorer
Mine lives in the bottom section of the table that sits between the two chairs. That's where the power cord was stored but when I did away with the mouse hole and converted to a detachable system, that opened up that space. I also installed it using interlocking 30A plugs so it could be removed if necessary.
2011 Keystone Outback 277RL

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
I installed mine in the outside compartment where the shore power cord is stored. See here. I just cut the power cord, routed it into the box in the compartment and then routed it back out to the rest of the RV.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
info@progressiveindustries.net email for progressive, I had a few questions when I was installing mine - you could also call. I installed ours in the outside compartment, it also holds the inverter and other electrical components and the power cord.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I removed the old converter charger from inside the panel and put the new one in it's place.

Dusty