cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement Windows

kampinguru
Explorer
Explorer
Had a break-in at my trailer last night and they ruined one window at the rear side of the trailer. Where can I get a replacement and how hard are they to replace yourself? Also he broke the strings on my Day/Night shade. Can you get replacement strings and redo them? Thanks
2000 F-250 S/B 4X4
2005 Cedar Creek 30RLBS
Pullrite Superglide 16K
6 REPLIES 6

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If the window frame itself was not damaged in the break in, a good glass shop should be able to replace the pane(s), even if it is a sealed dual pane.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

kampinguru
Explorer
Explorer
Found the part number for the replacement window from Forest River. Thanks very much for all the assistance.
2000 F-250 S/B 4X4
2005 Cedar Creek 30RLBS
Pullrite Superglide 16K

kampinguru
Explorer
Explorer
The glass has a stamp on it that says KTG. The window is 24 15/16ths wide to the outside of the interior frame and 49 inches high.
2000 F-250 S/B 4X4
2005 Cedar Creek 30RLBS
Pullrite Superglide 16K

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
kampinguru wrote:
Had a break-in at my trailer last night and they ruined one window at the rear side of the trailer. Where can I get a replacement and how hard are they to replace yourself? Also he broke the strings on my Day/Night shade. Can you get replacement strings and redo them? Thanks
If you remove the frame you will find a label on the frame between the flanges. Take a good image of this label and contact the manufacturer if they are still in business. Call Duncan Systems otherwise. They fixed a Creation insulated glazing for us and manufactured a complete replacement for a side window we wanted in a different configuration. Creation is defunc.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Sorry to hear of the breakin. Very frustrating and annoying. I hope the burglar got nothing valuable for his effort.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Window brand? Probably a Heir so contact them first.
Yes restring kits are readily avkailable online. Or you can buy string by the yard at many fabric stores. I dyed mine using a few tea bags soaking the string for a couple hours, then letting it dry completely. Restringing is time consuming, but relatively easy.