cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Streak remover

Happycamper30
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of a product that removes streaks from 5th wheels due to weather or or is there a house hold product that can be made up and to remove black spots from the rubber slide outs,
Thank you.
20 REPLIES 20

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
A little polish or light duty rubbing compound works and wont stain/mess up paint
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Wash Wax All, but to get the streaks and bugs off, before the Wash Wax All, I use a Magic Eraser first.

I've used them for years on fifth wheels and, before that, motorhomes and have never had a problem.
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
Wash Wax All.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Also, add spring clothes pins to ends of gutters.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
IDK if it will work on a 5th wheeler, but on a trailer this topic was discussed thoroughly very recently. Did you search the forum?

moawyahr
Explorer
Explorer
Happycamper30 wrote:
Does anyone know of a product that removes streaks from 5th wheels due to weather or or is there a house hold product that can be made up and to remove black spots from the rubber slide outs,
Thank you.

Dollar Store ***Link Removed***has them.

Lightning55
Explorer
Explorer
I used Awesome on an older aluminum sided trailer a few years ago and it actually dissolved the paint. This stuff is way too potent to use on any faded, oxidized, or old paint. Be careful with Awesome and don't let it sit too long on the surface.

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
Get some 3M drip rail trim on the sides where it streaks after you've cleaned them off use Mothers CMX...no more streaks.
1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System Generator man 360 (PM me)

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
2x on Nu-finish and I use Rejex so. Nu-Finish is less expensive but doesn't seem to last as long the Rejex.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
C Schomer wrote:
The front of my 5er was still covered with Az. bug carcasses from last Dec.. I used a pressure washer to remove most of them and then I went in the house and found a Magic Eraser. NOTHING has ever worked faster or easier and it did no damage... just let the critters presoak a while.
Then I went down the side and instantly removed all the black road splatter and grimy streaks.
Any rough scrubbing will remove the wax but us RVers love to wax our second homes! Right? Craig

Just be aware that Magic Erasers ARE ABRASIVE albiet very, very fine. Also if your RV has any sort of finish magic erasers ARE NOT recommended for delicate painted surfaces such as vehicles. The damage is cumulative and permanent.

I would recommend either a cleaner wax like Mother's or an Ultimate finishing polish like Meguiars. Also waxes like Meguiars RV/Boat or Ultimate work with some elbow grease. IMO the secret is to use a good wax/sealant and do it once or twice a year so you actually protect the surface and finish and not have to resort to excessive and agressive cleaning.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
C Schomer wrote:
The front of my 5er was still covered with Az. bug carcasses from last Dec.. I used a pressure washer to remove most of them and then I went in the house and found a Magic Eraser. NOTHING has ever worked faster or easier and it did no damage... just let the critters presoak a while.
Then I went down the side and instantly removed all the black road splatter and grimy streaks.
Any rough scrubbing will remove the wax but us RVers love to wax our second homes! Right? Craig

Every time I use Magic Erasers, they amaze me !
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Sjm9911 wrote:
Did you dilute it before using it?

It was diluted, but maybe not enough. The problem is finding just what ratio might work is a guessing game while experimenting and causing damage.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Did you dilute it before using it?
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.