cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Official unofficial CPE 2000i Generator Thread

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
8/1/2010 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: Champion Inverter and Remote Gens Promo on CPE's web site)

3/22/2011 edit: Thread renamed ...
Renamed from: Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

3/23/2011 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: (Un)Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

Inverter Available August 2010

Remote Available July 2010

2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540
2,927 REPLIES 2,927

traveln_circus
Explorer
Explorer
Fixx wrote:
I used the Champion 2000 for my recent holiday and it will not run the microwave on my outback trailer. I talked to CPE and they told me to try and shut off the breaker for my converter( not going to happen). If all I wanted to do was charge my batteries, I would have bought a 1000 watt generator instead of this one. I will be camping in a couple week with a friend that owns the Honda eu2000i and I am going to test the heck out of the champion side by side. I would like to know what others are experiencing with this unit.

I have a Honda 2K and it wont run my microwave either unless I unplug my converter. It is very easy to do on my rig, it is right inside the basement door. My converter is 900 watts max so if you add a 1500 watt micro to the mix a 2K wont cut it no matter who makes it.
2004 cardinal 33 LX 2000 Ford F350 crew cab PSD.
Smith & Wesson M&P .40 and a Rottweiler.

bradyk
Explorer
Explorer
I read on another forum as well troubles starting the microwave. As a potential customer that would be a deal killer. I do own a 4000w Champion for the air etc. but do mountain camping where all I need a genny for is microwave, coffee, charging etc. that thought that would be smaller and easier to work with for the dollars? Maybe not!
2001 Chevrolet 2500hd Silverado LT 4x4 6.0L/4.10
2005 KZ Outdoorsmen 2605PF
Equal-i-zer 10K WDH
Champion 4000W Generator
Champion 2000W Generator x 2
Ken & Sandra
Yugi Dog, Jet Dog

Fixx
Explorer
Explorer
I used the Champion 2000 for my recent holiday and it will not run the microwave on my outback trailer. I talked to CPE and they told me to try and shut off the breaker for my converter( not going to happen). If all I wanted to do was charge my batteries, I would have bought a 1000 watt generator instead of this one. I will be camping in a couple week with a friend that owns the Honda eu2000i and I am going to test the heck out of the champion side by side. I would like to know what others are experiencing with this unit.

Old___Slow
Explorer
Explorer
SurfaceDreamer wrote:
Picked up a unit this evening in Arizona. Price was $499 in-store (Sam's Club) and they hadn't even been placed on the floor yet; they were up in the racks (isle 37 in the Flagstaff store).

According to CPE there are only 2 stores in the entire state that are currently getting the new 73531i Portable Inverter Generators. Sam's Club Yuma (20 units) and Sam's Club Flagstaff (20 units). None in metro Phoenix or Tucson and they don't show on-line anywhere. ๐Ÿ˜ž Anyways... thought I'd share the info.

S.Dreamer,

You seem willing to share all your knowledge of Champion and Sam's Club. This Inverter has been on the market for about a month now with no 'It's a marvel reports' Maybe you can pass along some knowledge as to real facts. What is the output in watts after 30 minutes. Maybe 1200w? Will two of them together operate a 13,500 btu A/C for more than 30 minutes on a Arizona 100 degree day? Howabout the noise. At full bore of 80cc @ 4000 plus rpm, is it as quiet as the Honda EU2000i? Do we have real competition with this New Champion Inverter to H & Y. If so, we will add to the CCC's less than quiet chant. I already belong.

BTW: Please don't leave us like several other posters after droping in and out with only two or three posts. Some came and went with less.:h

SurfaceDreamer
Explorer
Explorer
professor95 wrote:
rustycopperballs wrote:
On Sam's club web site and did't see any Champions for sale, all Gentrons or ETQ's.:h What's the deal in store only? Rusty

The "unofficial" word is they are in Sam's warehouse (no longer at CPE's warehouse). It is now up to Sam's to add them to their web site and put them out on the shelves of their stores. I have no word, either unofficial or official, when that will happen.

Again, they have been delivered to Sam's.

According to the CPE rep I spoke with the Arizona shipments left CPE before the 18th of August. They were delivered last weekend to the stores here in Arizona. The Sam's Club item # is 591019. According to the Sam's Club marketing person I spoke with there is no guarantee they will ever show up on Samsclub.com since the store and the website are essentially two different entities and not every club is receiving the units.

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
It is now on Costco Canada's Website (sorry link wouldn't work for me).Hopefully the reviews will start to come in soon.
2010 Tundra Crewmax 2WD 5.7
2009 Greywolf 22BH

professor95
Explorer
Explorer
rustycopperballs wrote:
On Sam's club web site and did't see any Champions for sale, all Gentrons or ETQ's.:h What's the deal in store only? Rusty

The "unofficial" word is they are in Sam's warehouse (no longer at CPE's warehouse). It is now up to Sam's to add them to their web site and put them out on the shelves of their stores. I have no word, either unofficial or official, when that will happen.

Again, they have been delivered to Sam's.
Professor Randy T. Agee & Nancy Agee. Also Oscar, the totally ruined Dachshund.
2009 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel - 2004 Volvo VNL670 class 8 MotorHome conversion as toter.
Turbocharged, 12L, 465 HP and 1,800 ft. Lbs. of torque.

rustycopperball
Explorer
Explorer

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
SurfaceDreamer wrote:
Picked up a unit this evening in Arizona. Price was $499 in-store (Sam's Club) and they hadn't even been placed on the floor yet; they were up in the racks (isle 37 in the Flagstaff store).

According to CPE there are only 2 stores in the entire state that are currently getting the new 73531i Portable Inverter Generators. Sam's Club Yuma (20 units) and Sam's Club Flagstaff (20 units). None in metro Phoenix or Tucson and they don't show on-line anywhere. ๐Ÿ˜ž Anyways... thought I'd share the info.

It makes me feel all warm inside when Americans have to pay the same $$ as Canadians. Now if champion can just give their marketing to everyone else I won't need to buy everything on amazon.com.

Well anyways let us know how the geny works. Try to use a microwave with it please.
2009 Greywolf 22BH

SurfaceDreamer
Explorer
Explorer

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
It is a Chinese web page selling knockoff stuff is my guess. You can always tell because their English is bad.
2009 Greywolf 22BH

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an interesting link I ran across while googling "champion inverter generator", this link has absolutely NOTHING to do with CPE, note the 3rd and 4th entries which are related to "digital inverter generator" where it says "Wonyea Inverter technology provides a square wave allowing computers and other sensitive testing equipment to be run with steady and without interruption". I repeat, this link has no relationship to CPE. That's a sad advertisement to say the least. The site appears to be all about offering up generators and the like to your "specs". I also like the phrase "...can save the money and time of maintain and mending for you..."
2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link to info from CPE concerning the sine wave output of their inverter generators.

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
canadiankid wrote:
Did the used ones say what was wrong with them? How much were they?

$449 and saids tested, Wizard above maybe right too, could be somebody just didnt want them and returned them.

MrWizard
Could be somebody found out it won't run his 15k BTU A/C or his well pump
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s