cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Official unofficial CPE 2000i Generator Thread

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
8/1/2010 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: Champion Inverter and Remote Gens Promo on CPE's web site)

3/22/2011 edit: Thread renamed ...
Renamed from: Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

3/23/2011 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: (Un)Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

Inverter Available August 2010

Remote Available July 2010

2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540
2,927 REPLIES 2,927

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
They were listed on amazon for $825 for a while but shifted up to $918 while I was considering getting one. That's ok, I'll run the 3500/4000 another year and give others the chance to test the 3100's first.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link but I was thinking that Costco might have a better price than $1000 as they sell the 2000 for $500 (and one would think two 2000 paralleled would be a better choice if the price was the same). I hope that Costco will have them for around $800 to make them worth buying instead of two 2000 watt units.

Don.
2010 Tundra Crewmax 2WD 5.7
2009 Greywolf 22BH

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
canadiankid wrote:
Anyone seen the price at costco for the new champion 3100 inverter? I noticed that they are listed on champion web page now with just costco as their seller. LINK

Supergen
2016 Cougar 26RBI
2015 Ford F150 CC 3.5L Ecoboost Max Tow

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone seen the price at costco for the new champion 3100 inverter? I noticed that they are listed on champion web page now with just costco as their seller. LINK
2010 Tundra Crewmax 2WD 5.7
2009 Greywolf 22BH

Okie1
Explorer
Explorer
I built an enclosed box for my twin Honda 2000's and it works great. I put one on each end with the exhaust facing out with my extended run fuel tank in the middle. Mounted a 120 volt fan in the middle so it blows out both ends with the exhaust and runs whenever either generator is running. They actually run cooler than out in the open.

orionpaxx wrote:
hey,

haven't built an enclosure for mine yet, wondering if anyone here has? i use mine on a food truck and would like to build a permanent enclosure for them. i'm trying to do so as cheaply as possible while making them weather proof and a little quieter. has anyone overheated theirs yet? mine over heated once last year in an open field, i didn't realize that they were in direct sun. so, obviously the tolerance to heat is a big factor in the enclosure i would need to install some fans. just wondering if anyone built anything for their campers and had some thoughts.

Jay
2016 F-350 four door Lariat 4X4 long bed & 2012 Sabre 34RLQS...

professor95
Explorer
Explorer
Searching_Ut wrote:
While I can't say for certain, I would be really surprised if there is any trouble with paralleling the older units with the new black unit. I know there isn't any problem running the red and yellow units together as I have done it quite a bit.

The new black units will sync up with any model CPE 2000i or even a CPE 1000i watt inverter.

I have been told that the new 3100 watt inverter does not yet have the capability to sync (parallel) with another like unit. I "think" that might be projected for a future update.

I sure would like to get a 3100, but it doesn't look likely any time soon. I doubt that I will invest in one unless they come out with electric start and RC. In the interim I will either run my twin 2000i units or my good old dependable synchronous 3,500 watt genny.
Professor Randy T. Agee & Nancy Agee. Also Oscar, the totally ruined Dachshund.
2009 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel - 2004 Volvo VNL670 class 8 MotorHome conversion as toter.
Turbocharged, 12L, 465 HP and 1,800 ft. Lbs. of torque.

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
While I can't say for certain, I would be really surprised if there is any trouble with paralleling the older units with the new black unit. I know there isn't any problem running the red and yellow units together as I have done it quite a bit.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

SplashDancer
Explorer
Explorer
Good point. It does have the paralleling plugs, but it should probably by verified whether the new black will parallel with any of the older units (that had the paralleing capability )

RangerEZ
Explorer
Explorer
I am hoping the new black one will run parallel with the red one I bought last summer. If any one tries and has success, please let us know.
GMC 2500 HD Duramax
2016 Cougar X-Lite 28RDB
2015 Wildcat Trail Limited & 2015 Brute Force 300

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
Did we ever find an extended run fuel tank for these puppy's. I think the best option for the stacker would be an extra gallon and a half (or two) tank that would sit on top with dual fuel caps to replace the existing ones. Clear fuel lines would show when the top tank was empty.
2016 Cougar 26RBI

Slimline
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm, thanks guys. I guess I wont feel as bad picking one up sooner than later if they never go on sale. I agree the 12 volt outlet would be handy. Also nice having the usb charge for when i lose my usb adapter for my phone lol.

SplashDancer
Explorer
Explorer
Canadiankid is right, the went on sale @ $399 about 2 years ago this spring, (April I think). Was in their flyer that shows what is going on sale and when. I got one, wish I'd done two, so have been watching for another sale as well, but non have happened since.
My local Costco has this new black one as well.

orionpaxx
Explorer
Explorer
hey,

haven't built an enclosure for mine yet, wondering if anyone here has? i use mine on a food truck and would like to build a permanent enclosure for them. i'm trying to do so as cheaply as possible while making them weather proof and a little quieter. has anyone overheated theirs yet? mine over heated once last year in an open field, i didn't realize that they were in direct sun. so, obviously the tolerance to heat is a big factor in the enclosure i would need to install some fans. just wondering if anyone built anything for their campers and had some thoughts.

Jay

Angus_NB
Explorer
Explorer
Slimline wrote:
Just saw at my local Costco in Peterborough Ontario that they have the Champion 2000 watt inverter model 73534i with the 12v adapter and usb charger for 499.99. I am debating waiting for it to go on sale. Has anyone seen a costco put a sale on these generators? I feel like I should just nab one now before they run out of stock. From what I see, I havent heard of many costcos having that specific model with the charge cables and 12v/usb charger on board.

I have never seen these go on sale at Costco.
I see costco.ca has the yellow one on again. It hasn't been there all winter.
I like the one you saw. The 12V outlet would be handy in some situations. It would be a nice addition to parallel with the yellow one I have.
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4 DC
2013 Fun Finder F-266 KIRB
Reese Dual Cam HP / Prodigy P3
2 Black Labs - Lucy (Her) & Tosha (Him)

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer

http://www.championpowerequipment.com/generators/73534i/
2016 Cougar 26RBI