cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
BigMatt, where is the battery and what are you towing with that much extra tongue weight?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess that strap is just to keep the bike from hitting the trailer. It does add a bit more tongue weight though.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
BIGMatt wrote:
Currently, the rail is tied to the tongue frame. I will weld threaded brackets and tie down anchor eyes before next trip.

You might want to reconsider the forces being applied to the LPG tank.
Lee

BIGMatt
Explorer
Explorer
Currently, the rail is tied to the tongue frame. I will weld threaded brackets and tie down anchor eyes before next trip.

botterbein
Explorer
Explorer

Found this solar light at Wally World, in the "Outdoor Lighting" section. It has two settings, and is a perfect nightlight for those drycamping excursions. I mounted it in the skylight of the main cabin.
-2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
-2011 Rockwood Roo21ss
-Husky WDH and Friction Sway
-Prodigy 2 Brake Controller

haroldpe86
Explorer
Explorer
Those mods above sure make it handy in the end. I had an extra pump, so...

Inside the box by haroldpe, on Flickr

and the tank lives in the SUV...

DSCN0356 by haroldpe, on Flickr
Gary - 2010 Kodiak 184 HTT

Leaf-Peeper
Explorer
Explorer
4Jeeperz wrote:
Did another mod today. Wanted an easier way to fill the fresh water tank when dry camping. The 6gl. blue jug is gettin' heavier to hold up to the outside water fill!!! Everything is under the dinette seatโ€ฆ

Nice setup. Here was our solution when we were dry camping with our popup.

Installed a bypass valve on the suction line from the fresh water tank to the pump. When the fresh water tank ran dry, we flipped the bypass valve and attached a suction line that ran into a 7 gal portable tank.

We didnโ€™t bother to refill the camperโ€™s freshwater tank, just sucked it out of a portable tank sitting beside the camper as needed. Usually, weโ€™d just need another 7-gallon tank of water to make it through a weekend.
'05 Chevy Tahoe & โ€™08 Rockwood Roo 23ss
'62 Myself
'62 Camper Honey
'96 Camper Twin Girls

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
Did another mod today. Wanted an easier way to fill the fresh water tank when dry camping. The 6gl. blue jug is gettin' heavier to hold up to the outside water fill!!! Everything is under the dinette seat.
Got inspiration from Skippyspad in this post...

skippyspad wrote:
I did much the same only using the existing pump, a setup like a winterization kit and a couple extra valves. To access my pump I have a hatch that opens and a small Coleman BBQ slides out. I have about 4 ft of hose coiled under it with a cap screwed on the end. If I have to fill the tank, I use the portable ones, set them on the door step, insert hose. I turn a couple valves so the pump pulls from the portables and pushes into the TT Tank. Works slick.

We made a couple of minor changes, mainly because we don't have to winterize here.

Tested it all out in camp backyard. Will use it next week in Yosemite!

Over view of the "mess"

New "sucker" hose in the 6gl. blue water jug to transfer to main tank.

Stuck an extra fitting in the end of the hose for cap to contain any remaining water.

Put the "instructions" under there so we can remember how it is supposed to work!

Hose capped and coiled up ready to go!
Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job Wolf. We put ours in the camper for one season, it was a pain. Your idea looks much easier!
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

wolf_rver
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
I'm sorry, I would stub my toe on that board too many times to want that installed. I would personally look into counter sinking a female threaded fastener into the floor and then threading in a hook when I needed to secure the bikes

I just take the boards out when we get there. They are not permanently attached.
2010 Roo 183 (sold)
2008 Suburban
1 Better Half
2 DS
On the lookout for the next adventure rig
2 Mix Breed Pups
1 Crazy Cat

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry, I would stub my toe on that board too many times to want that installed. I would personally look into counter sinking a female threaded fastener into the floor and then threading in a hook when I needed to secure the bikes
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

HTT_to_be_
Explorer
Explorer
Nice bike rack wolf! Looks like it will hold the bikes secure with those fork attachments. It is a bit of a hassle loading bikes into the camper, but it has its advantages as well.
2007 Jayco 23B
2009 E350 Ford Club Wagon 5.4 w/ tow pkg;)
Equalizer hitch, Prodigy P3 brake controller
Buddy 125 Scooter-FUN!
1997 Coleman Sunridge- Served us well for 11 years!

wolf_rver
Explorer
Explorer
I was inspired by an earlier thread to finally figure out an effective way to transport the bikes. I'm not a welder so the whole bumper frame idea was out.

This mod cost about 40 bucks and I got some cool fork mounts that I am using on my hitch hauler to transport my bikes when I don't take the camper.

You can see the pics here.
2010 Roo 183 (sold)
2008 Suburban
1 Better Half
2 DS
On the lookout for the next adventure rig
2 Mix Breed Pups
1 Crazy Cat

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
These look good.... except...

Shelves aren't centered, TV bracket is crooked and the liquid levels aren't even. :B

I just read this today! Too funny!:o
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
misty1040344 wrote:
Could you tell me what length of screws you used. we have a 21ssl roo and want to put in shelves but afraid to use the stock screws because they seemm so long??

The screws came with the kit, I'm thinking they were an inch long. I didn't have to use too many of them, the brackets fit in there pretty tight.
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!