cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
And we all like you Jude !:):)

Dre

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, sometimes I'm a bit dull... ๐Ÿ™‚
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
I think TMBLSN was joking about the password

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
TMBLSN wrote:
FytsFyr541 wrote:
I have been a busy bee around my house with these modifications. Here is a picture of my battery cutoff switch on the inside rail.

Another mod that we did a Corian counter top cutting board on top of stove top for more counter space.

Another mod that we did was the rear clothesline that fits under our rear bunk.

Another mod that we did was the bike rack we placed inside the camper, when we arrive at the camp site we take it out of the camper and use it to store our bikes outside.

We also made a shelf to store our dishes above the sink and the dishes are still on one area when we arrive at the camp site.

You'll need to give us the password to your gmail account if we are to see those pictures.

I never gave anyone a password to a gmail account to show photos on RV.net, I don't believe that is what is wrong. Use photobucket and link to the photos.
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
FytsFyr541 wrote:
I have been a busy bee around my house with these modifications. Here is a picture of my battery cutoff switch on the inside rail.

Another mod that we did a Corian counter top cutting board on top of stove top for more counter space.

Another mod that we did was the bike rack we placed inside the camper, when we arrive at the camp site we take it out of the camper and use it to store our bikes outside.

We also made a shelf to store our dishes above the sink and the dishes are still on one area when we arrive at the camp site.

You'll need to give us the password to your gmail account if we are to see those pictures.
Lee

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
FytsFyr541 wrote:

Cannot see your photos! :h
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!

FytsFyr541
Explorer
Explorer

IMPROVISE-OVERCOME-ADAPT
Semper Fi

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
My latest mod. I replaced the factory radio with a Jensen AWM970. I did have to make a cut so the Jensen will fit, but it all worked out fine. Lots of wires to connect.
I must say that the sound is much better then the factory radio.

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
I love watching a bit of television before going to bed, so I decided to bring the cable in the back, bring the electricity, and attach a wall bracket to the closet. I did have to reinforce the closet wall for support, and everything went well.
I completed the work by adding shelves to the left side of the rear closet (needs to be painted now). The right side of the closet is still for hanging clothes.

Dre

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice, I like the dual switch fixture idea!!
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

SockyG
Explorer
Explorer
So last year I swapped out my 921 bulbs for some 6000K bright-white LED bulbs because we do camp off the grid enough to justify the savings on the amperage draw. Our stock light fixtures on our Jayco only have one switch that turns both lamps on. What I wanted to do was find a way to control each lamp individually so I could put a regular 921 bulb on one side and an LED on the other so we could pick which (or both) we want turned on. Last week I got a screamin' deal on a certain online auction site for a 6-pack of RV light fixtures.

The old stock light fixture is on top and the new one is on bottom. Note also the new lenses are diffused white instead of the clear lenses on the old fixtures.

So now I have an independent switch for each lamp. LED for off the grid, Bulb for on-the-grid.

Overall lighting with just LEDs is quite acceptable. Also, to the left of the photo you can see two double-lamps under the cabinets -- one of these was originally a single lamp.

I did re-purpose some of my original fixtures to be double-LED for the bed-ends. These are wired into the existing wiring for the 1/4" tent-end connectors (ample reading light while in bed).

That single-lamp from under the counter also got re-purposed with an LED as an doorway/entrance light.

This doorway/entrance light also conveniently shines right into the compartment that I keep some "campfire" items located in. You can also see my EMS-HW30C Energy Management System mod (or at least the controller for it) in this photo.

With the addition of the doorway light and the bed-end lights, the LED lighting is really evened out quite well. The diffusers on the new fixtures helped with that as well. It was well worth the few hours last saturday afternoon!
Gary W.

2011 Jayco Jay Feather 19H
2008 Chevy Trailblazer I6 4.2L 3.42

Nights camped:
2012 -- 11 (so far!)
2011 -- 29
2010 -- 22
2009 -- 8
2008 -- 10

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
KingPin347 wrote:
my first "real" MOD: added a front bike rack mount - works good ๐Ÿ™‚
2" to 1 1/4" adaptor is removable if needed and the bike rack slides down into it. welded grade 8 studs to the frame and can remove the whole thing if I need to. removed the spare tire for pic - still fits with bikes and rack. restored the front portion of the frame while I was at it :C

Thanks for sharing this - that is the way to do it, bikes in front.

Good job.

KingPin347
Explorer
Explorer
my first "real" MOD: added a front bike rack mount - works good ๐Ÿ™‚
2" to 1 1/4" adaptor is removable if needed and the bike rack slides down into it. welded grade 8 studs to the frame and can remove the whole thing if I need to. removed the spare tire for pic - still fits with bikes and rack. restored the front portion of the frame while I was at it :C

bad night shot but shows it in action (test fit)

RustyFairmount
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
I think I'll just buy one if I want one. Wife has to wake me up to get out of the bed if she wants to use the bathroom anyhow so the pump noise isn't an issue with us.

The plumbing is the same whether you install a commercial tank, or a DIY one. So for me, building this tank was really just a fun project. If it had failed, I'd have happily purchased and installed a manufactured tank.

Good luck with your install!