cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/2 ton truck buyer's log, day 4 - happy endings (pictures!)

Skelshy
Explorer
Explorer
The wife spotted a well equipped 2014 F150 XLT. Came with everything we needed, plus leather and HID lights, both of which we appreciated. The interior is a little less fancy over the FX4 we had looked at previously. There is a column shifter instead of a regular shift gate, different center console, less 12V outputs, and the steering wheel only tilts.

But the payload was a little higher, and the price was good.

That dealer also did the autotrader "guaranteed" trade-in. So I ran it and came out at 1900 something. That was about the 2k I was expecting, so we went to buy our truck, half expecting another nasty surprise.

And there was none! In fact, there was zero price negotiation, as the truck we were buying was deeply discounted and I had no interest in haggling given the reasonable trade-in price. We'd have been in and out in 2 hours if not for the finance department being understaffed.

Kudos to Evergreen Ford of Issaquah for a pleasant and low pressure buying environment!

20 REPLIES 20

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tow mirrors are here, just need to be put on

Ford wanted $650 for the factory ones, so got some off ebay.

My Max Tow option only cost $335 extra.. That gives me #7700 GVWR and the tow mirrors.. 🙂

Plus the 302A trim package gets the extra stuff with the XLT. I've seen other XLT's that don't have that package and it's just a step above an Xl..

But, glad you got your truck OP.. Been reading your "blog" of your search and it's been very entertaining and I think you'll be more than happy with your choice!

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on the new truck! The F-150 is a fantastic truck. I drive a 2012 as my work vehicle and it has been flawless. Also protected me well when I was broadsided by a moron that run a red light.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new truck. I hope it serves you well. Have fun!
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

EcoBullet
Explorer
Explorer
I've considered doing that tragusa3, but I will probably just suffer another 3 or 4 years and trade trucks.
Me 1954, Nana 1954, Grandson 2003, Granddaughters 2005 & 2008
2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2013 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Ecobullet, you don't have backup camera? I didn't think you could get a '13 XLT without it?

For what it's worth, I like it so much that I would recommend spending some money on an aftermarket install.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Skelshy
Explorer
Explorer
mosseater wrote:
Won't work. No tow mirrors. I'd take it back.:B

Seriously, nice truck. Hope yours works as well for you as mine has. 113K and still loving it, despite it's warts.

Tow mirrors are here, just need to be put on 🙂

Ford wanted $650 for the factory ones, so got some off ebay.

EcoBullet
Explorer
Explorer
Good lookin' truck! I love mine, but wish it had the backup camera. Looks like yours has it. You're going to love the way that Ecoboost pulls. Enjoy!
Me 1954, Nana 1954, Grandson 2003, Granddaughters 2005 & 2008
2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2013 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! Congrats on a great truck and decision, enjoyed the thread, time to enjoy that new ride.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

steve-n-vicki
Explorer
Explorer
front license plate is offset , must be an ecoboost

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice, great color.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great looking truck! Congrats! That sure is something to be proud of!
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

hl_remington
Explorer
Explorer
nice truck,enjoy

Scooter86
Explorer
Explorer
Nice truck, and a good time of year to shop leftovers. I purchased both of my new trucks about this time of year. Patiently waiting for camping season now?

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
Won't work. No tow mirrors. I'd take it back.:B

Seriously, nice truck. Hope yours works as well for you as mine has. 113K and still loving it, despite it's warts.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH