cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Ram HD's - Pics

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
They look a little more sophisticated and maybe a bit lower stance? Could just be my 'morning-coffee-hasn't-kicked-in' point of view though....

Big Rams

"And....................discuss." 🙂
34 REPLIES 34

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
RAM front end looks superior to all the other trucks available today, IMO. The Fords are way too busy looking, as are the Chevy and GMC trucks. Not a fan of what they both are doing with their DRL design -- they seem to keep trying to outdo each other in light configuration. The RAM is just straightforward TRUCK.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
garyp4951 wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
From the front it looks very similar to a 2006 F350.

I thought the same thing.

Actually the front bumper looks very similar to my current Super Duty along with those front suspension swing arms. :h

We now know the cummins will have a compacted graphite iron block and I'll make a prediction that the new ZF 8 speed transmission will replace the 68.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Yeah the refreshed 4th gen front clip looks pretty decent IMO. Plus they got rid of the RAM on the tailgate which is nice.
Best part about that new clip/bumper is look at the air dam. You can remove it without looking like you're missing part of the truck! Big win there.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
4x4ord wrote:

I thought the same thing.

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
FLY 4 FUN wrote:
Here's my question, why would they stuff the gps/sirius antenna right between the marker lights instead of centering it on the back of the cab? Looks silly where its placed....or is that some form of testing equipment?

Daryll

Because it's a truck made to work..things go in the bed that can block the antenna 🙂
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
FLY 4 FUN wrote:
Here's my question, why would they stuff the gps/sirius antenna right between the marker lights instead of centering it on the back of the cab? Looks silly where its placed....or is that some form of testing equipment?

Daryll

Probably if you put a camper in the back it would render them useless with the camper overhang over the cab.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
mds1 wrote:
Wish they would extend the option of the same headlights to the Bighorn/Laramie trim levels that are being used on the Longhorn/Limited trims. I think the thinner headlight area looks nice. I looked over the 2019 1500 truck build and the thinner headlight assemblies are not an option in Laramie and below trims.

I'm excited about the prospect of getting blind spot warning that's coming with the 2019 trucks as well.

Looking to buy a Ram between Jan and March. This is going to get interesting as it's speculated, and probably true, the 2019 HD's will become official in January 2019. Some say ordered trucks could ship in March 2019 to some degree. Nothing wrong with the current HD looks, so maybe we will find a deal out there.

Have fun with that brand new body style RAM.
My truck was one of the very first shipments of HD RAM's back in 2002. I had people nearly running off the road trying to look at it. One day I was parked at my folks house and a couple of guys in an old VW van stopped in front of the house. They jumped out and ran towards my truck. I see this from inside the house so I take off running too.
Turns out they just wanted to see my truck as they had never seen one.
Then I showed up at a dyno event where a FOrd dealer had brought a new 6.0. We had our trucks nose to nose so people could compare.
His truck didn't compare too well and after the dyno run he just left so he didn't have to answer any questions.

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most likely will be keeping the 15 unless something changes! Vaginized I say!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mds1
Explorer
Explorer
Wish they would extend the option of the same headlights to the Bighorn/Laramie trim levels that are being used on the Longhorn/Limited trims. I think the thinner headlight area looks nice. I looked over the 2019 1500 truck build and the thinner headlight assemblies are not an option in Laramie and below trims.

I'm excited about the prospect of getting blind spot warning that's coming with the 2019 trucks as well.

Looking to buy a Ram between Jan and March. This is going to get interesting as it's speculated, and probably true, the 2019 HD's will become official in January 2019. Some say ordered trucks could ship in March 2019 to some degree. Nothing wrong with the current HD looks, so maybe we will find a deal out there.
Mark from Missouri

http://www.ourfutureinanrv.wordpress.com.

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually LB 6.7L HO Diesel Aisin Transmission 4x4 3.73 Gears

Looking to soon purchase Vanleigh Vilano 320GK 35’ fifth wheel 16,000-pound GVWR

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
While it does look better than the other new trucks, it seems like they took the bold styling of the current model and softened it up. Not a huge fan. Especially that chrome lower piece between the lights and bumper. That should be the color of the truck. Maybe I might change my mind if I see it in real life, but for now I would not rush out to trade mine in for one.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
They really softened the classic RAM look. And while I agree about the new Chevys. Without the RAM in the grill, this looks something like slightly older Chevys. :E

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
If I could get a Dmax/Ally in a Ram I’d be all over it. My dream truck.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch