cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
Just stumbled upon the 'Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler' while searching for an easier way to level my travel trailer. Sounds like a brilliant way for side to side leveling.

Not happy with the plastic 'lego' type blocks that I am presently using. I'm on my second 10 block set and they keep on breaking!

Any comments on the Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler from someone that is familiar with them would be greatly appreciated.
89 REPLIES 89

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I dont have that brand of blocks, but I have seen the way they bow and flatten under the weight of my small hybrid TT. I cant imagine how they would hold up under a larger camper weighing several thousand more pounds.

I am moving towards the opinion that these blocks are ok under the tongue and stabilizers, but maybe not so much for the wheels.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

TheDave
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to get these as I just purchased a new trailer and decided to upgrade from wooden planks to the Yellow block levelers. Well first time trying to pull onto them, snap crackle pop. Camping World did issue a credit to me for both sets and said to dispose of them instead of returning them, makes me a little happier.

Regards,
David

Regards,
David
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 6.2L CC with Max Towing package 4x4
2014 Grey Wolf 26DBH Limited

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
Let's take this one step further. If you have an iPad or iPhone there is a leveling app you can get. Clinometer version 4.1 from the App Store. This neat little app is a bubble level that speaks to you in degrees. Open up the app, place your device on the floor about where your axels would be. If you have Bluetooth in your TV you can pair it up with your device. Or use Bluetooth head phones. Pull forward or back up until you hear the app say "zero degrees" . Set your parking break and you will now be level side to side. This saves having someone else put a level on the side of the TT and giving hand signals when you are leveling. I prefer to do these things by myself and keep the DW out of the equation. But that's another thread. I don't have the levelers yet, but I have tested the app with my TV Bluetooth. It gets a good signal from the device.
2010 Everlite 29FK
2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost Max Tow 3.73
Parkit 360

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Off the top I have a few problems with them. 1. As has already been mentioned there could be a point load on the surface and if on soil it shouldn't take long for them to sink. 2. How wide are they? Do they support the entire width of the tire. I have Michelin XPS ribs and they are VERY wide. 3. Will they slip on concrete?
The Rapid Jacks are NOT wide enough for leveling at a site.
But kudos for the original thinking of a daily problem.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted more lift so I went with the Rapid Jack + chocks, pretty much the same thing but larger. They have a ribbed bottom and come with a rubber pad for friction on concrete or pavement, you'd think they would put the same patter on the levelers.

The rapid jack's are longer though so I don't think they'd fit between the wheels, I have a truck camper so not an issue for me.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

prm99v6
Explorer
Explorer
I have two of these for my double axle travel trailer. I used them the first time in my driveway and they worked great. I used them on my next trip with the same result however after returning home they wouldn't work anymore. While it was sitting in my driveway I put tire shine on the tires after washing my trailer--BIG MISTAKE---now they just shoot out from under the trailer, even after hammering them in a little.

I just got back from my first trip of the season and tried again. After the entire winter, the driveway still will not hold them. I even scratched both sides up to try and provide more friction. No luck. They might work out on my next trip but they don't work in my driveway.

ashnic
Explorer
Explorer
Mine on order..should be here by Friday..
2012 2500HD GMC Sierra
2011 Outback 295RE

Lspangler
Explorer
Explorer
smyke wrote:
I thought about cutting it but which end should I cut?
Luckily I have couple more weeks to return it and hopefully will get it to work.

You cut the thin tip. I cut about 2 inches off and that was more then needed. If I were to do it again I woiuld cut 1/2 inch at a time and test the fit.

Linc

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
ashnic wrote:
Are these sold as pairs or ea?

They are sold individually, you will need 2 for dual axle RV'S.
Hope this helps.

ashnic
Explorer
Explorer
Are these sold as pairs or ea?
2012 2500HD GMC Sierra
2011 Outback 295RE

Habemus_Quattro
Explorer
Explorer
Lspangler wrote:
You have to cut an inch or two off the tip of one to get it between the tires.

D'oh! Why didn't I think of that?! I tried using my set a few weeks ago and gave up after I couldn't slip one between the tires.

smyke
Explorer
Explorer
I thought about cutting it but which end should I cut?
Luckily I have couple more weeks to return it and hopefully will get it to work.
Mike

2006 VW Touareg
2001 Trail Lite by R-Vision B23S

T_in_Michigan
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a pair, can't wait to try them out. I shouldn't have any trouble fitting them between the tires as my trailer has the wide-trac axles, lots of room!
2000 Chevy Suburban 2500 6L 3.73
2013 Keystone Springdale 297BHRSS
Wife and 3 Boys
Crazy Dog and 2 Cats

Lspangler
Explorer
Explorer
You have to cut an inch or two off the tip of one to get it between the tires. I used them for the first time a week ago and would never go back to the lynx levelers

Linc

smyke
Explorer
Explorer
Heads up: they may not fit your rig.

I ordered these as they seemed like a perfect solution, however they did not fit my trailer.
There simply is not enough room between the tires to fit the leveler and/or the wedge.

I really wish Andersen made them in different sizes. 😞
Mike

2006 VW Touareg
2001 Trail Lite by R-Vision B23S