cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone dewinterizing and heading to Bristol??????

centracom
Explorer
Explorer
My favorite time of year! Camping season and, yes Nascar..... Well that is if I am able to pull my camper out of the foot of snow we are supposed to get here in Ohio this weekend. I guess one thing is for sure, I will find some way to get my TT to Bristol in a week and a half snow or otherwise. Anyone else heading to races in the near future? Where are your favorite places to camp near tracks and what are your favorite race pastimes? Cool nights, warm moonshine, cold beer and warm fires..... Oh yeah and Nascar! Lets get the Camping season started!
2012 Ford F150 5.0 "BUILT FORD TOUGH"
2011 Jayco JayFeather 242

""fast cars N' mason jars""
11 REPLIES 11

prfssr
Explorer
Explorer
We go to KY. Speedway every year due to it being 1 hour away so we support the local track and have been since it opened. We then head to Indy and then to Charlotte in the fall (October) for a great time. Everyone in Charlotte is extremely friendly and family orientated. We have been to Bristol, Atlanta, Dover but would like to get to Martinsville sometime soon. Daytona is on our bucket list but leaving from Kentucky to travel down there and then the cost to camp, fuel to go and get back - wow - am saving right now for next year. Have fun everyone and be safe.

allimax
Explorer
Explorer
Whew! Thought you meant Bristol, R.I. It's 8 degrees up here.
2010 Montana 3455SA
Mor/Ride kingpin, wet bolts, Progressive Ind. HW-50C EMS,TST 507RV TPMS, GY G614's
'07.5 Silverado D/A LMM 3500HD
Extended Cab DRW 4x4 LTZ
Bilstein, Reese R20, Banks Economind tuner, Speedbrake, RamAir, Monster exhaust

centracom
Explorer
Explorer
"ROYB" Sorry to hear you had a negative experience in Talladega. From what I have read on other forums and in some of the track campgrounds, it is the most party friendly track. I also worry about Carbon Monoxide from generators. I always try to set up in an area where I don't back up against another camper, I always try to set up next to a tree line or fence.
2012 Ford F150 5.0 "BUILT FORD TOUGH"
2011 Jayco JayFeather 242

""fast cars N' mason jars""

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
we go to the chicagoland speedway in September.camp at the track they really do a nice job with there campgrounds and porta potties if you need to use them there the campgrounds seem to be mild there have some strict quiet hours unless you are in the infield cant wait but we here in Illinois we are definitely getting tired of cold and snow, lets get this spring going and oh yeah lets go 24

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We live about an hour away from the racetrack and we won't de-winterize until after April 1. We get many snows up until then, but we are in the mountains and Bristol is in the flat-lands. We are usually at least 10 degrees cooler than they are.

We also wish the race was later in the year, but.....

Have fun and spend lots of money. The new Cabela's and new Bass Pro Shop should be ready for the fall race. We drove by today and they are still clearing the land at Exit 5 (VA side).
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

TheGriswolds
Explorer
Explorer
Daytona outside turn 1 in a week! Supercross, bike week, and Daytona 200. Man I can't wait.
2011 F-250 Supercrew 4x4
2013 Keystone Cougar 31 SQB

kellyandpatti
Explorer
Explorer
Daytona July Outside turn 1

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
We had season tickets to Bristol for many years (15 plus), in fact that is how we got started in RVing. Always camped on track property, which was always a bit more civilized that the adjacent campgrounds. Years ago we were riding through All American on a golf cart - whooping and hollering, smoke from campfires and a voice cried out "anybody wanna buy a gun?"

Started to lose interest in NASCAR after implementation of the Chase and the "car of tomorrow", not to mention retirement of most of the drivers we followed. The final straw was when they moved the spring race from April to early March - weather too iffy (snowed out one year!) and way to hard to get there from our winter digs in Arizona that early.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Yes i'll be making the trip to Bristol. Have not dewinterized yet, gonna have to wait for this wknds. storm. We have had such a cold winter, I just hope it breaks before that time. Been going to Both races for almost 18 yrs. and you just never know what the weather will be for the race in March !! GO #24
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. 😉

NJ6PACK
Explorer
Explorer
I'm starting to get ready for the Southern 500 in Darlington, SC
2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
1999 Ford E 350 Super Duty 15 Passenger Ext Van
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went to one NASCAR event in ALABAMA I guess it was. Too loud for us in the camp ground. Generators running non stop and probably not safe to be around because of Carbon monoxide poisoning - folks sitting on top of their trailers. Folks jumping from one trailer to another from the roof... HUGH party time atmosphere... Everyone was extremely filthy mouthed and non considerate and rude... People urinating behind their trailers or into trash cans... No privacy 24/7... Did not feel safe at all...

Much rather watch it all from the HDTV instead of sitting on the TV...

Wasn't my cup of tea... We were a nervous wreck when we got out of there.
Must have been a FULL MOON those few days we were there.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS