Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black Tank Problems

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

On the road boon docking right now. Emptied black tank before leaving. Indicator is working correctly, but there appears to be a large clump of paper visible when you look down into the toilet. Since we're on the road - is there anything I can do? Would pouring some boiling water into the toilet help? We're inside of an even and don't have dumpling facilities. Thanks
27 REPLIES 27

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
ICE is just expensive water
It has no MASS and just floats

Water is your friend
Fill toilet bowl and flush ....dump bucket of water down toilet
Water is your friend
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Most of our TP goes in the waste can. Yes, if it's real messy, it just gets dropped. So less than half gets dropped in the black tank. Saves on paper mountain. I suspect you are trying to limit your TT toilet use and not putting enough liquid into it to lessen the paper mache mound.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the worst idea is to use one of those extended claw devices that you can stick down there and either pick away at it or haul it up out of there.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Yes....hot water, and I guess you can reach in and break it up with a broom handle....all this will help some.

Best advice is try to not use wads of TP and do use lots of water.
The ice thing is is myth. Use ice in your beverages not so much in your toilet.

aside: what breed of dogs are you showing?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just use it until ya can dump .Use will fill with water and soften the clump . Ice only helps if you are underway . Always use lots of water !!!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Dump a pail of water down there to dislodge and flush it away.

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
Do like I had to do and use an old broom handle and knock it down, slosh it away from the poop hole.

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
should I go in and try to break it up with a stick? Maybe that will help?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Since you are parked, probably nothing you can do if you are not on city water and can dump immediately. All you can do for the moment is keep the clump wet so ti doesn't turn into a clump of cement. First chance you get flush the tank with a tank wand or your black tank flusher if you have one.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
There is a great youtube video on this. Crushed ice would seem logical bhouth in the video it did nothing. Conclusion is to install a flush sprinkler inside when you get home. Also if you can convince your kids to use less TP that will help. No chemicals please. Money down the drain. And it kills enzyme process whereever you dump
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks - but is there anything I can do while I'm parked? We have everything set up at the dog show, including crates, etc.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
A bag of crushed ice, followed by lots of water with a cup of Dawn dish soap and a cup of Calgon water softener. Drive a couple of hours and dump.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, water will help dissolve the paper.